Just got back from a gig by The Presets and although I just shortened my lifespan by two months due to brain damage (too much head banging) and loss of hearing (this one went waaay past eleven), holy SHIT was it ever awesome!
I need a new word that is more better than awesome, but it's half past midnight, my ears are ringing and I have to be up in six hours for work. Bleh.
It was a small venue so it made everything that much more electric, like a huge party where every single person is just jumping, grinding, screaming and whistling and singing and the band (well, the two guys) are in your face, we were a few feet from the stage sitting on the bar so we had the best view with no armpits in our faces or elbows digging into our sides, he he!
Good lord, I hope this ringing in my ears subsides or I won't be able to sleep.
I'm too old for this.
But fuck it - I had an awesome time, it was the perfect end to a really fun weekend, the only thing missing was Vegas - he would have LOVED it! Hope these guys come back some day, I'll bring earplugs next time though.
Ow. Ow. Ow.
/end of Eardrum Boo Boo post/
6 comments:
Years ago V and I went to a Killing Joke gig in a packed Bristol pub.
You know you've had a good time when the tinnitus stays with you for a week.
Glad you had fun
:o)
A week?!! Noooooo! Lord have mercy... :-(
I still can't hear anything but ringing this morning, it's horrid. Sigh. I really really am too old for this!
Boy it's been such a long time since I've been to a live show.......
Hope the ringing goes away......NOW!!!
Yey!
WW, no such luck... am gonna be stuck with this for a few days I think. UGH!
Prin, double that ;-)
Ah I'm an alt country fan so luckily I am allowed my hearing upon departure from the concert....lol. Closest I'm going to come is Bachman/Cummings in Toronto this month, otherwise I'm into the tame stuff.
Hope you get your hearing back soon, or take a crash course in sign language :-D
Post a Comment