Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Whatta STORM!

Whap bam thank you ma'am!

This one's been building up for a few days and boy did it ever come down in a black flash, the skies turned gunmetal gray and unloaded rain in whipping sheets, the tree in front of my office window snapped at the base and smothered both cars and the road - the city crews are just cleaning up that mess now... some poor bastard is going to return to his vehicle later today and wonder wtf happened to his smashed-up car - eek!

I'm praying no trees fell on our car at home and that the A/C unit is still working fine, I'm so worried about the poor doggies... Vegas keeps telling me not to worry, they'll be fine, bla bla bla - but what can I do? I worry!

Oh and my hair is all poofy from the awesome humidity. Every woman's dream.

It's sooo cool having Vegas working in his office just a couple doors down from mine... I still haven't fully realised that this is happening yet, you know. My arm's gonna have bruises from the pinching, how embarassing is that? I have butterflies in my tummy, FFS! It's been 10 months now, shouldn't these creatures be resting by now?

/end of Giddy Me post/

9 comments:

prin said...

Yey new old new beginnings! :D

Sunny here now. God's gotten all his wrath out.

(For now...)

Btw, phew on the blogging. You hadn't blogged in a couple of hours- I almost took you off my blogroll.

hehe.. :P

Technodoll said...

So you missed me, you really missed me?? Or you missed my breastesses. Hmmmrph.

B said...

again - y'all have some weird ass weather.

Frank said...

I drove through a MASSIVE storm on the way to Chicago. I think my car may have been hit by lightning. There was a really bright flash, then all my dashboard lights lit up and went out. Same with my radio. They all came back on about 30 seconds later, except my trip meter and radio stations were all reset. Also, my cell phone refused to work until the storm was over. True story.

Technodoll said...

Deutlich, you're not getting any of this weird climactic crap?!

Frank, holy SH*T!! I've never heard off that happening to anyone before! Man, aren't you glad you didn't go for those metal tires?

myself said...

Yeah that was something...apparently they thought a tornado went thru near the airport...didn't but it really looked like one, huge winds blowing up earth and you couldn't see anything in front of you.

Whoah.

As for bruises, keep pinching, it's true!

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

We had a downpour today too.....the lightning was striking right next to the office!!


I can imagine that you're in a bit of disbelief right now.....it's already sinking in ;)

Technodoll said...

Myself, did you hear about the 7 transport trucks that got blown over on their sides on the Champlain bridge?!

WW, hopefully no-one was hurt... holy mother of storms, this weather is messed UP! At least it's nice today though :-D

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Bask in it honey. Dreams do come true!