Monday, June 9, 2008

Back to work tomorrow - already!

Mmm, it's been an awesome past two days... where the end of a long wait collided with the beginning of a new life yet nobody got bruised, on the contrary :-D

The super muggy amazon swamp weather didn't stop us from chilling out cuz we got a portable A/C unit for the livingroom yesterday - finally the dogs don't have to be locked in the bedroom all day and neither do we, thank mug. I mean it was unbearable in here, breathing made you break out in rivers of sweat! And now that we both are back at work tomorrow and this heatwave is just not breaking, we just *had* to do something. Yey!

Oh and I became an Ikea whore today... *bows head in shame*. You know how it is. You go in for a bookshelf and come out with a crapload of boxes cuz hey, things just need replacing after a while and after all, this is a new life and we deserve nice things dammit.

We've got Ikeanitis in our hands, shoulders, back, everywheeere. Ow.

But oh, so many lovely things finally all coming together now. Yeah. We make a good team, I'm blissfully happy and feel like the luckiest woman evah!

Cuz... I am :-)

/end of Need More Sleep But Smiling Anyways post/

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

IKEA and I get along WAYYYYYYYYY too well.

I've been a fan since I was 5. Stupid ball pits and movie theatres and fun-ness.

Damn those marketers! They know how to catch 'em young.

KA said...

aww, i'm so jealous, hon! Really I am :-)

Anonymous said...

Ikea is the shiz. Haha!

Technodoll said...

Deutlich, I think they're in cahoots with McD!!

Tin ma'am, I'll try to share the goodness somehow ;-)

Elisabeth, I still think Ikea is so, so wrong... yet, it has a strange appeal... hmm.

myself said...

Oooo Ikea. You remind me, time to pay the Ikea credit card bill!

Ikeanitis...heh! I got some of that putting together my kitchen island....

Oh I'm very happy for you peeps....not happy about the weather (welcome to Montreal in summer Vegas!), but you sound way happy, I aspire to this, bow to it....

prin said...

Yey! *high five*

I'm not minding the weather so much anymore. I think there's something wrong with me.

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

LOVE IKEA! I think, we are all Ikea Whores when you get down to it. They just have great stuff!

Technodoll said...

Myself, at least this shite weather forced us to get AC for the living room! After 8 sweltering summers in that place, you won't hear me complain... *grin*

Prin, I think you need to get yourself to the emergency room STAT!!

Daring, it's like admitting to liking Dr.Phil and poptarts... *blushes*

Vegas said...

I quite like the heat too, to be honest :)
I've been reassured that Sunday was about as bad as it gets - and I managed worse than that working in Uganda. It's just trippy seeing Montreal like a mediterranean summer resort - the last eight months of visits to Montreal have been:
October - lovely warm autumn
December - early snow and cold
February - what the fuck.
April - crappy slush and then more bastard snow in Quebec

So I'll take this heat anytime :) The city looks great, lots of greenery. Lovely :) What I'm dreading is the bugs, but I'll manage.

My english skin adores the sun - I think I blinded a cyclist with the reflection from my legs earlier.

Anonymous said...

Ikeaitits! Love it! I love Ikea. At one point my living room looked like an Ikea showroom. Okay maybe that was a bit much!

I'm glad you are deliriously happy! It makes me smile!

prin said...

Bugs, Vegas? What? In the city? Guess you're not comin' up to no man's land anytime soon. :D It's bugtastic!

Vegas said...

I'm the most effective insect repellant there is - stand near me and you can pretty much guarantee you won't get bitten.

You just have to give me a transfusion later on.

In Africa I got 157 bites on my right leg alone (I counted them one night in a failed attempt to stop myself scratching).

Apparently I should eat liquourice and it'll stop me attracting them. Worth a try I suppose.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IKEA! We don't have one in Maine (go figure), but I assume there's one near Boston. I must go!

You had to do something after the AC...I'm soooo jealous. :P

Curly said...

I really do like poptarts. Chocolate ones.

Curly said...

Vegas, we don't really have bugs in the city. :)

Technodoll said...

Vegas, if you survived winter visits then you'll survive anything... that one we just had was BRUTAL. Oh and we'll get you heavy shoes so the blackflies don't carry you away... *snicker*

Girl1218, I'm sore from smiling! and from other things... thanks to Ikea, LOL! Get your mind out of the gutter :-D

Prin, you love the challenge, admit it! Swatting flies with a tennis racket and all! haha!

PrincessB, yeah we did more house cleaning LOL! ah-hem.

Curly, mmm chocolate sugar... mmm bugs in the parks... LOL!

voiceinmyhead said...

yay!! way to go, very happy for you and your beloved!!
:)

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to Ikea, but I keep saying I need to go. Sounds like it's a good thing I haven't! I am a sucker for things like that.

And A/C...I would die without A/C. I would have to move to Greenland.

Technodoll said...

VIMH, thank you! Me so happy too!

Clarity, stay awaaaay from Ikea unless you have an empty credit card... that place is EVIL!!