Friday, June 20, 2008

I know why I freaked out

Chaos. When there is chaos in my environment it clashes with the chaos in my head and that's when it all goes to heck... and that attracts Murphy's Law like nobody's business.

Cuz when things are going well they tend to compound, haven't you noticed?

Yeah.

Vegas was sweet enough to recognize what was happening before I did, and made an effort to tidy up the place after I left for work so when I got home I felt a bit more human in the cluttered shoebox. We took the kids out, ran a few errands then cracked open a couple of cold beers and chilled out for the rest of the evening, it was nice.

Oh and the effort was made to put clean fluffy sheets on the bed, reeeer! Makes all the difference in the world for me, sooo soft and scented, perfect for a good night's sleep... and a stream of really funny nonsensical dreams, LOL!

The clouds kept the rain to themselves while I walked to work this morning.

See? It really works!

I'm off on Monday so this is the eve of a 3-day weekend for me, can't be pissy now can I?... I have my Reese's Peanut Butter Cups on hand for chockit emergency, the street fair is on so I'll go stroll around at lunchtime, Vegas' furniture and personal stuff arrives soon so finally we will be "a home"... a real home.

After 10 long months, it will sure feel good to be breathe a sigh of relief.

/end of Yey Friday! post/

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, I'm glad he's there with you.

Sweet T said...

So happy you are relaxed now. Yuo are right about Murphy's Law...what a piss off that is.

I am a lot like you when it comes to chaos....it makes me keep going and going all the while I am burning myself out right up until a breaking point. Luckily my man can usually recognize it before it gets that far as Vegas did for you!
Hope you have a fantabulous weekend!!!

myself said...

Well pleased that all will come together soon...how late are the ships coming from UK these days???? hehehe

Technodoll said...

Deutlich, yes yes me toooo!!

Sweet T, nice to know I'm not the only one out there like that, LOL! I don't think it's any kind of OCD though, but I am definitely not a slob... you too, enjoy your weekend - hope you have SOME sun!

Myself, terribly slow ships but it all worked out pretty fine, to be honest. One can only move in so fast...

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

We are all so happy for you. I feel as if I've lived through the moments of "wait" with you once I found your blog. I bet that big ole sigh of relief is great...it's all coming together and its only going to get better!

Technodoll said...

Yes! And it's the same for me, seeing you wanting to move, then your house being sold, and now it's the interim before you move again to sunny california *crossing fingers* - who needs soap operas? LOL!

Rachel said...

Three day weekend AND chocolate?! That's the makings of a good couple days. Good luck on making your place a HOME!

myself said...

Hey how'd you end up with a 3 day weekend?

It's illegal to change the day of the Fete St Jean.....

Technodoll said...

Rachel, as soon as the disaster of packing boxes has been thrown away and the extra furniture put in storage, we'll be aaaall good... um... pass the chockit...

Myself, he he. I can bend calendars with my bare hands! :-D

Anonymous said...

I get the same exact way! If my office is totally cluttered, I can't think. Then I go on a tasmanian devil rampage and start throwing everything away until my office is completely clean, like nobody works in it. So refreshing, until I realize I threw away something I really needed. Happens all the time!

Technodoll said...

Doh! it's strange how you only need something *after* you've thrown it out, eh? It can sit there for years collecting dust before that... grrr!

Sian said...

Your weather sounds an utter nightmare! Obsessed as the Brits are with weather, you Montrealers have my sympathy.

Oh and can we have pics of the street festival please? And more info on the Fete of St Jean which sounds fascinating...

Rebecca Foster said...

Oh, I am jealous you are going to the street fair. Sounds wonderful! And fresh clean sheets are bliss. I agree.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

prin said...

Not off on Tuesday too?

I'm glad he's a good'un. Well, he'd better be. *waves rolling pin at Vegas*