I had to take a pic of myself this morning:

No laughing at my bad hair, mmkay? Or you die.
OMG my dogsitter just called, he had a "falling out" with a psycho at the grocery store this morning - a woman had tied her dog outside while she went in shopping for some food and the dog wouldn't stop barking, so this freak on the sidewalk unleashed the dog -who promptly ran into the grocery store and caused a ruckus, you can imagine!
Dog gets taken outside by employees and tied up again, my dogsitter is watching all this happen. Then the freakoid unties the dog a 2nd time, again it runs into the grocery store and this time my dogsitter caught it, brought it outside, tied it up and then grabbed the arsehole by the arm and let him have it!!
Apparently it was so loud and close to fists that the whole store was applauding after the moron left, the dog owner finally showed up and she was shaking, she had no clue this was happening and was very grateful that someone stood up and did something about the situation.
FFS. What is this world coming to, when complete strangers see fit to untie people's dogs so they are free to run away, get hit by a car or get lost?
What's next, offering pets poisoned treats in public parks?
Oh wait... they aleady do that in Toronto :-(
/end of We Need More Heroes post/
18 comments:
I want to hire your dogwalker. I live by Chicago. Work out amongst yourselves....
Why do people tie their dogs up outside stores? I don't get that. The most I've ever done was sit Jemma outside a café window where she could see me and I could see her the whole three minutes it took to get me a hot C. And even that was stressful. I never took my eyes off her.
Any crazy can just walk by and- well, you know what can happen.
Oh, and nice hair. Nanner nanner.
Come git meh.
omg, that is terrible. I wouldn't be able to leave my doggies outside either though, I am way too paranoid about that.Good for your dositter though, what a great guy :)
http://www.ruffwear.com/DogLock-Locking-Leash?sc=2&category=15
we're looking at this as a solution - we either take them shopping with us or we leave them stuck inside. Would rather they saw the world - not ideal but better than melonhead peeing on everything so we have to buy it. (Might take him to futureshop actually - "oh no he peed on this xbox, we'll have to buy it")
*grin*
Rachel, nobody wants to mess with my dogsitter LOL! or his pitbull...
Prin, I'd rather turn it around: why is this world so bad that we can't leave our pets tied outside for a few minutes while we run an errand? Whatever happened to civility, respect, looking out for one another? It just stinks.
Sweet T, yes he is. He always puts the dogs first and the stupid humans after.
Vegas, let's go for it. Er, the locking leash system, not the xbox. Gotta have something to look forwards to for crimmas...
PS3 is for Christmas, XBox is because Im such a lovely boyfriend xxx
Sadly, leashing your dog to a stop sign/whatevs in Montreal, particularly if a purebred is an easy way to have said animal stolen and sold. I am a former dog groomer, the many times clients did this and had their dogs disappear forever...I can't tell you. Also worked at a vet, reason for animals not returning for shots etc was "stolen" frequently! Lock 'em in the house and take 'em out afterwards. Seriously, happens more often then you think here.
I would have punched the psycho myself, but I'ms in a fighting mood these days :-D Lack of the evil s.e.x.
PS - nice hair! hehehehehe
I rarely took my dog out with me, so I never had to tie him up. But I would have the fear that someone would find him so adorable so as to steal him. But he's long gone now (doggie heaven)...but I do see your annoyance at others who dont "mind their own busines" by untying dogs that dont belong to them geesh!
Happy Canada Day! I've taken it upon myself to celebrate it here in America by not going into work today (I actually have the day off for other reasons).
I admit I am not a dog person. (Just ask my sisters). But I would NEVER consider untying one in front of a store just because it was barking. I mean, what is this person doing just hanging out in front of the store anyway? Sure, the dog is barking, but would it be THAT annoying to anyone who would be either going into the store or preparing to drive away?
I hate most people.
Myself, you have just given me incentive to go ahead and buy those locking leashes. If my dogs ever got stolen I think I would end up in an asylum.
Daring, what kind of doggie did you have?...
Frank, me too... some people suck beyond sucking. What's next, kicking crying babies in the teeth? sheesh.
what if they're crying really loud? :) This is you we're talking about, TechnoToleranceDoll *grin*
I wouldn't be able to do it. People suck and are cruel... and if that dog is barking cuz it's tied up, that's not right either. ;0
Vegas, duct tape hurts alot less than a kick in the teeth. Don't you Brits know anything?... sheesh!
Lola, some dogs have mental problems and are stuck with dumb owners, I'll agree...
Hey...did you do the Sortie des Chiens on the Mountain? I saw a woman that resembled you with 2 Melonheads.....just curious!
Nope, wasn't me... now you have me curious, who else around here has two big akitas!!
Good god could I manage to use the correct account?
Lack of sleep I tells ya!
Technodoll - in answer to your question - he was a Pembroke Welsh Corgi - a small little stocky dog...with bite! :-)
Post a Comment