Thursday, June 5, 2008

Still so very pretty

The roses have opened overnight and lost that dewey sheen, but now comes the sweetest scent from their silky petals... and yes I brought my camera to work so I'll post a photo tonight.

The skies have cleared up for the day, it's gonna be a scorcher - albeit just the beginning of a horrid humid heat wave, bleurh. Funny how delicate we are, when you think about it... there are only a few degrees between "too cold" and "too hot" - while on other plantets the temps fluctuate hundreds or thousands of degrees all the time. Pass the SPF 4500 and a polar-bear coat, please.

Day after tomorrow.

Vegas is here the day after tomorrow, and I lost my entire evening dealing with crap last night instead of getting things done.

First, I get home to my freshly-hoovered livingroom covered in a carpet of dried helicopter seeds - it seems that the giant tree in front of my balcony decided to drop its load just when the wind was blowing into my appartment, so through the open balcony door came the MESS all of yesterday afternoon.

Out came the broom and hand-plucking, which made me late for dinner at my dogsitter's place (he had taken the kids earlier).

I then walked to the kitchen for a glass of water before leaving and that's when "the smell" hit me... (click for more, this gets gross)

The back room floor was a lake of dog shit.

Honestly, I just wanted to sit and cry but that's when I noticed the brown dried doggy footprints leading from the back room aaaall the way to the front of the appartment... Yep, welcome to hell. Called my friend to warn him I'd be late, he just said "good luck! hope you have lots of paper towels!" - ghaaah!

So yeah, 30 minutes later and after 1.5 rolls of paper towels, half a container of Hertel and a bucket of hot water and the mop things were under control again, except for the stink molecules that just won't fuck off. Isn't fresh air supposed to make things smell normal again? WTF?

Tonight I need to wash the carpet and launder all the dog bedthings, who knows where that little bitch trampled...

I should have known this was coming after she stuck her face in the dead gopher on Monday and Tuesday night, uugghhh.

Sigh. Glad that's over, oh please let it be really over.

So then dinner at my friend's started late and just would not end, he got furniture delivered for his bedroom so that took some time to sort out... I mean the invitation was nice but come on, he knows I'm super busy and that Vegas is here in two fucking days, that I'm exhausted from work and getting home at 10pm with two starving dogs on a worknight is ridiculous - grrr.

Now my to-do lists are mocking me so I flipped 'em the finger, what more can I do? Am stuck here all day at the office earning the pennies, yadi yada - so frustrating, I want to be outside playing!

OK that's enough rambling and grossing y'all out for today (he he) - *takes deep breath* - onwards and upwards, as they say...

/end of Really Long Poopy Post/

21 comments:

Curly said...

*cries along with sisterhood*

Any chance you can rip up that carpeting? They're no good if you have have pets and/or kids or drink red wine to cope with your pets and/or kids plus carpets just harbour germs...

Anonymous said...

Awwww hugs to you. Sounds like you need it for sure.
At least you know that your man will soon be here...don't stress about the "to-do" lists...things will get done in time. ((hugs))

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Just think...the day after tomorrow! Your wait is almost over sweetie. Don't fret. It has to get worse before it gets better....you'll see - this will all be an afterthought...Vegas is coming! Focus on that and only that....everything is just "things to do on a list". :-) You taught me this, now its your turn: BREATHE!

PS: I tagged you on my blog...you'll have to go there to read more. Hang in there!

Technodoll said...

Curly, it's just an area rug (thank the frig) and I steam-vac it regularly... it will go in the trash when it starts to reek, LOL!

HO, that's what he told me too - are you two in cahoots? :-o

Technodoll said...

Dolce, day after tomorrow, which is good cuz maaaaybe by then the STINK will have left the place!! *bangs head on wall*

Daring, ooo yes I'll go check out the tag! and good idea, this breathing thing... seems to keep people out of trouble...

Deeeep breath. Ah. That's better :-)

Technodoll said...

girl1218, I know all about the hobo poop on dog fur too... I think that has got to be the very worse thing on the planet.

*gags*

I'm thinking big dogs are great, until they get sick... cuz the size of the mess really is proportionate. *cries*

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

OMG! I swear I could smell it as I read the post......I even started breathing through my mouth!!

Let's hope you don't get anymore surprises this evening :)

Anonymous said...

EW. Rupert pooed in his crate last night too. He tried to tell me, but I didn't listen. Yuck.

prin said...

*shudder*

Um, the upside? Since your apartment is teeny tiny, there wasn't as much surface area as there would have been in a huge house? See, being poor has its good parts... hehe.. *smiles awkwardly*

I can think of one thing worse than shit...

Delmar: Care for some gopher?
Everett: No thank you, Delmar. One third of a gopher would only arouse my appetite without bedding it down.
Delmar: Oh, you can have the whole thing. Me and Pete already had one apiece. We ran across a whole... gopher village.

hehe...

Anonymous said...

Nah, not in cahoots...just of the same mind I guess;) I tend to not stress about little details such as that when better things are just around the corner :D

Technodoll said...

WW, I don't think I could take another "surprise" like that two days in a row. Am about to buy oxygen tanks and a gas mask!

PrincessB, but hims just a wee baby, it's normal... now you'll have good rupert ears, eh? *grin*

Prin, nothing feels small when you're scrubbing that much poop off wood floors :-(

prin said...

Yeah, I know. That's why I put question marks. :(

voiceinmyhead said...

hehe...just think, in a few days vegas can be the one cleaning up the poop!

Technodoll said...

VIMH, apparently they're "my dogs" when there is sick to pick up :-D

myself said...

Amazingly doesn't gross me out due to the fact that, with dogs, come these wonderful bonuses. Yay.

See, I got smart, with smaller dogs smaller...other things!

Learned that one the hard way.....

I'm sure the stink will be gone by the time Vegas arrives into the hell that is Montreal in summer.
Oh joy, I get to sit at the F1 race in this (I'm a delicate white that remains white in summer, I burn or I stay white...redhead yanno!)

I hate the weather here, too bad we can't pick Montreal and move it somewhere somewhere more weather "moderate"

Vegas said...

exactly right :) I don't mind sharing duties when walking them, but when they're sick, you're far more relaxed about it than I am. (worth a try lol. I'll be knee deep in dog sick in a month)

Technodoll said...

Myself, don't worry about this weekend... supposed to be 30C *with thunderstorms*!! LOL! bring a towel... or ten...

Vegas, nah, I rather you keep your hands clean so you can rub my shoulders after I pick up the dog messes ;-)

Frank said...

On the bright side...those helicopter seeds ARE bunches of fun. Just pick up a handful and throw it up in the air. Flutter all over the place...hehehehe

Technodoll said...

Frank, give me your address and the box o'helifun will be there in your livingroom in two days!!

prin said...

lol @ Frank's giggle.

Don't you live high up? You can drop them down and they'll get stuck to those old ladies with the fake red hair. Yey!

Curly said...

I still say get rid of the rug.