Vegas and I are off at 9am this morning to attend my brother's kid (my nefew??) baptism, oh lord save me from stabbing myself in the eye with a blunt pencil... not only is it raining and storming all day, but the drive is at least 1.5 hours each way - highway driving is like a mental enema - but we have to sit in a freaking CHURCH for an hour! What a waste of a Sunday :-(
Oh well it's brownie points in the bank for me, my parents both know how I loathe babies, being near them or talking about them, and how I loathe churches and driving even more. I am doing this for *them*, hopefully they'll get off my damn back now.
"Oh you have to meet x, he's such a cute baaaybe!" (there is NO such thing)
"You're hurting your brother's feelings!" (did he ask my permission before breeding? no? then shaddap)
"Make an effort!" (here I am, can you leave me alone now?)
Mutter. And I forgot my red shoes at work, so my dress outfit sucks, my hair is poofy on account of the fucking rain, and I don't want to goooooo!
Rain, rain, go away
Don't come back
Lest I chop your nuts off.
/end of Crappy Sunday post/
14 comments:
Ugh, sounds like a crappy day for sure.
I hate when I don't have the shoes I had planned on wearing..ruins the whole thing for me :(
Hopefully the drive isn't too bad and you enjoy your day at least a little :)
*snort*
I thought I was the only anti-child person in Montreal.
I have met my match.
Godspeed, you'll survive. Actually personally I like babies that are that small. Think of it this way, they have to go back where they belong when there's something wrong and aren't ambulatory so they can't follow you home!!! ;-)
church! Yuck!
Good for you for going to the family thing.
Hope it stops raining!
I'm sensing some hostility here....haha
i made it clear a loooog time ago with family & friends, I don't do church things...just weddings! lol, poor you!
it won't be so bad, you'll see!
So I guess I'm supposed to try to convince you that MY baby really was/is cute and adorable....eh, I'm too tired.....
I feel kinda bad now cuz it was actually nice to see my family... my bro is sooo proud of his little boy, he was beaming the whole time :-) and my parents are proud too, of course, since I "failed" them in the breeding of progeny LOL! ah well... every family needs a crazy old aunt, right? one with pitbulls surrounding her rocking chair on the porch... *grin*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! This post cracked me up!
You're hillarious.
Ew, church. I feel my skin burn every time I go in one of those.
Also, your skills in rain-related poetry are quite exquisite.
Oh, brownie points always add up. You did a good deed - even if it was just for appearances sake. You were there for family (it counts)..
Oh and a little tip.
When presented with kids and asked whether you like them or not, resspond with the following:
"Sure I like them, particularly with BBQ sauce"
People tend to back off....or is that back away?
Can I trade in brownie points for real brownies?
Mmmm... brownies.
Nah...I think you have to trade them in for favors...but maybe making someone make you brownies is an option!
I still want the brownies :-D hmmm already PMS week... sigh.
Post a Comment