Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mission: eating the dove

Well I'll only start the mission when I get the chocolates next week, but I sure am looking forward to it!

This is a time when blogging for pleasure really hit the jackpot... I got an email last week from a lovely marketing lady who found my blog and its interminable mention of chocolates, she asked if I wanted free chocolates as a market tester and hah, you think I said no? *grin*

Should you qualify for our program*, we will send you your very own Dove® Pleasure Kit, including Dove® chocolate in all flavours and formats – for FREE!

So yeah, I'm chuffed. The goods should get here next week and I'll be sure to brag about it in full detail, hehe. And of course, to rate the tastebud orgasm value... I'm all about the oooohs and the aaaahs.

Last night laughed at me, btw.

I was wrapping Vegas' birthday gifts when I broke one, tried to fix it and made it worse, of course - awe HELL! Took me 30 mins to fix it and then it still looks like crap, I'm so embarassed. I hope he won't mind too much... and yes this was *before* the wine. Then I ran out of tape halfway through the job - awesome!

So I then gave up and celebrated the fiasco with two glasses of gorgeous red wine (Piat D'Or, my current favorite that I can only get in the province next door, thank you Quebec gov'ment asses).

This weekend's forecast: swampy, hot, muggy, wet, sticky, hellish suffering.

Welcome home, Vegas.

/end of I Hate Mother Nature And Her Boyfriend Mister Murphy post/

18 comments:

Dolce said...

Official taste tester??? I'm just going to start writing all about my favorite foods and tv shows and stuff.

Do you think they send steak and potatoes in the mail?

Technodoll said...

Oooo ooo wouldn't that be awesome?? How does one taste ice-cream though... hmmm. They need to rig up a system...

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

I'm a Dove Dark Chocolate girl myself (love the little quotes inside the wrappers)...Enjoy yours!

Sorry about your gift wrapping snafu - but just remember - its the thought tht counts *wink*

Wine - yum!

prin said...

You forgot about the part where you shared it with your favorite chocolate-loving friend...

Yey taste-testing!!

I hope there's more milk than dark in my kit.

It'll be funny seeing pics of Vegas with his hair all curly from the humidity.

:D

Technodoll said...

Daring, I've never had Dove chockit before... what quotes inside the wrappers! ooo sounds like fun!

Prin, how could I not? :-D Share the joy, I say! But not the curly-haired boyfriends. My god, if that happened I think time would stop dead in its tracks to stare and laugh!

Technodoll said...

ps: cuz you can't curl hair that short, obviously... *shuts up now*

Vegas said...

yet you complain about me shaving my head :) I have curly hair anyway, so the humidity wouldnt help...

Technodoll said...

You have curly hair?!

prin said...

:-O

I think he'd look 70's sexay with a mini-fro and a technicolor dreamcoat.

Vegas said...

yeah it's super curly - I don't shave it short "just because" :)

Technodoll said...

Prin, he already has the sideburns so yeah, we're on our way! :-D

Vegas, are you gonna grow a 'fro once we're married? Is this all a plot to drive me to the nuthouse? :-o

B said...

y'all have some seriously weird weather..

Vegas said...

I may well decide to rock the 'fro - I think it's a good professional look, just what I need to rise up the corporate ladder. I might even bleach it.

Technodoll said...

Deutlich, it's effed up beyond belief.

Vegas, I will leave you if you become a slaphead, I swear to dog...

myself said...

WHAT WHAT WHAT??? You can't get Piat d'or in Queerbec anymore?

CRap.

Why not fill Vegas up with booze BEFORE he opens that gift? He'll still think it's wonderful.

Oh yeah, he's been living over there, his liver is nicely atuned, would take alot huh.....?

Technodoll said...

Myself, I checked on the SAQ website and it says "not available" and in the few shops I asked, I was told "nope" - I wonder why that is?? SUCKS!

Vegas may be a big guy but his liver sure is small, teehee!! One bottle and he's hung over for two days - just like ME!! :-D (that's his Canadian heritage, moooove over Brit liver!)

voiceinmyhead said...

love, love, LOVE dove dark chocolate. i eat a small square of it daily. lucky lady!

Technodoll said...

VIMH, I've never had it so this is exciting!