So here is a taste test report from a colleague of mine, a choco-fanatic who was more than happy to participate... he cracks me up!
a) nice packaging, very elegant and slick, I have a tendency of thinking this is targeted towards women
b) At first glance, the Dove logo reminds us of the soap, so one might think it is special soap with chocolate aromate, you look twice at the package before opening or buying it.
c) nice packaging holding 4 pieces, which are of a good size... excellent
d) message inside the foil is a good idea> Have Secrets, Use High Thread count sheet, take a long lunch
e) Milk chocolate, smells good, creamy, good taste
f) Dusk, we can taste the difference, more chocolate taste to it, good as well...
g) Dark, more cocoa in taste, but still not the darkness we would expect, it feels like there is still a remnant of milk chocolate in there. It feels very creamy, like we don't necessarly get the full flavor of the chocolate...
In general, I think it is good chocolate, wrapped in a super nice packaging.
LOL! What better feedback could a marketing company ask for?! *applause*
Vegas and I just stuffed our faces with pieces from the 3 large bars, urp, I feel a little sick to be honest... PMS girl can only take so much in one sitting. But here goes our reviews:
Milk chocolate: very creamy, melts in your mouth, weak chocolate taste, a bit too sugary. Would not buy it.
Dusk (blend of milk and dark): excellent! texture of milk chocolate but with a boost of nice cocoa flavour, stronger in taste so you *know* you're actually eating a chocolate bar vs a candy bar. Will definitely buy!
Dark: has an identity crisis. Creamy but a bit dry; hard to identify the taste at first but after you finish chewing a piece you then get the taste of a dark chocolate, minus the bitterness. So the taste pleasure experience seems a bit cut short IMO. I'm not sure I would buy this; Vegas would not eat it again as he is a dark-chocoloate lover and this lacked the texture and bitterness that he likes.
So there you go... anybody else agree or disagree?!
15 comments:
I never like dark chocolate. It always tastes like it's got burnt coffee grounds mixed into it. But gimme milk chocolate any day...*drools*
Frank, just for you... http://firstcrush.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/mosbaconbarpop.jpg
The Dove Dusk sounds lovely. I have never tasted Dove chocllate before, but I think I will have to give it a try now that I have read your reviews :)
I will have to try the Dove dusk, sounds yummy!!
the "Dusk" is hands-down the favorite... the only flavour I would actually buy. I really recommend it!
The milk choc tasted cheap to me and the dark choc has too much competition on the market to succeed, IMO (it's not good enough).
But DUSK! Nothing else to compare it to... mmmm!
I'd have to taste it to be sure...
Curly, I got the hint!! LOL
I have to agree with your assessments, having tried all 3 varities. The Dusk is definitely the best, by far!
The Dark was a disappointment since I've had much, much better dark chocolate. And I've had far better milk chocolate, too.
Oh dang - I love the dark chocolate - I was hoping you would too...but you had so many to choose from. Plus dark is supposed to be the healthiest kind to eat...Oh well, mine is probably so dang good cause I keep popping them with sips of cognac! :)
Skryker, thanks for "voting", LOL! So far yep, this seems to be the general consensus... I wonder what the Dove sales will reflect though?
Daring, THAT is the key! cognac! sheesh... they should print instructions, LOL!
Hmm. The way you describe the dark, I might actually like it. :D
I've had their milk chocolate from the US. It's better than most of the milk chocolate the US has :D, but we have Cadbury and Lindt readily available, so Dove might have trouble...
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking... the market here for dark chocolate is already saturated, as is the market for milk chocolate.
However they found a mid-point with the Dusk choc, IMO... nobody else is there yet ;-)
Indeedy. Nestle is having trouble with their "high end" chocolate, I think. They seem to be taking them off the shelves or at least moving them off to the side to make room for the Lindt. :D
Yay Lindt and Ritter Sport! Mmm... ritter sport ROCKS.
Ummmmmmmmm, Lindt chocolate! Drool!
The very bestest dark chocolate I've ever had was Valrhona. Unbelievably good stuff, but it was $28 for a half pound box in 1997, so I'd hate to think of the price now.
Guylaine is pretty good, too.
Post a Comment