Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Shallow thoughts, by TechnoMelon

I feel like a parade float today, one shaped like a giant papier mâché watermelon, cut in half. With little pygmees in straw skirts dancing on my bloated pink belly. Yeah.

This cantaloup *does* taste funny, so Vegas it wasn't just your tastebuds.

I really am NOT in the mood for tonight's dinner at the dogsitter's. Sigh. Chore. I just want my jammies, my bed, my man cuddle and a looong sleep.

My fangs are showing today. I think I'm scaring people.

Oh and I despise airlines and their ploys to fuck with people's minds and their wallets. How can seat 26A cost $450 more than seat 26B, on the exact same flight, booked via the same travel agent on the same call? It's retarded! ARGH!

/end of La La La I Am A Beautiful Flower post/

12 comments:

Technodoll said...

OK I exaggerated a bit... it was $438 more. Sigh. I hate airlines, I swear they are run by satan's spawn in little blue suits yielding pitchforks in their gnarly hands.

Anonymous said...

airlines suck! i wish i had wings and i could fly myself to where i needed to go. maybe i'll start traveling by ship. yeah that's it...

Anonymous said...

and become a pirate...

Vegas said...

they're charging by passenger volume maybe?

prin said...

Seat A is a window. People do like their windows.

You know, it's a long way away. Maybe you should book the tickets in separate parts of the plane so you can take a mini vaca from each other. :D

Dolce said...

I don't mind flying so much, it's the airports that make me bonkers. I can't believe a $450 difference. Insane!

Rebecca Foster said...

Cantaloupe burns my mouth. Weird taste indeed!

OK, I am feeling SOOO guilty right now because I didn't even know Vegas moved there! And is working with you! And so much is happening on your blog! I admit I have been consumed with this move to China in two weeks and posting little bits where I can and not reading a whole lot. Man, I am lame.

I am SO HAPPY for you that he is there. Doing the happy dance!!!

Technodoll said...

Girl1218, you'd be a superhot pirate! boats would come to YOU! LOL!

Vegas, the diet starts tomorrow :0)

Prin, at this rate we're *sharing* one seat! reeeeerr!

Dolce, and this retarded route takes us through Chicago too, the worst airport in the world :-( UUGGHHH

Rebecca, if I were relocating to China for a couple of years, I wouldn't have much time to keep up with blogland either! Geez Louise! Now get crackin' and start packin' and oooo I hope you'll update us with pics and stories, pretty please??

myself said...

Woman how is that possible? I work in air, worked at an airline...I have never heard of that. What carrier? Where you going, when you going? That's a HUGE difference and no one charges for seat selection (for the option of seat selection yes, but not a different rate depending on what seat you pick). Yes it's a window seat..however.

Give me more info....

Anonymous said...

I have days where I feel like a parade float - glad I am not alone!

And, as everyone said, holy crap - thats an expensive seat!

Technodoll said...

Myself, this was for a direct flight YUL to LAX in early August - our travel agent said " Unfortunately you got the last seat at round trip rate of $912.98 and (Vegas)'s cost is $1397.83. (same on Air Canada webiste as well).

So I have no clue in HELL how this could happen, I took out my calculator and it's a $485 price difference, to be precise. Unfuckingbelievable.

We STILL don't have tickets, she's been looking for connecting flights for cheaper and everything is just GONE. AAAARRGHH!

Elisabeth, today I am the parade float full of molotov cocktails, all aimed at Air Canada!!! Roar!

myself said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That's because they allotted a certain amount of seats for a seat sale. You got one at the seat sale price and the other at regular cost.

That's why.

And unfortunately, on a B767, there IS a limited amount of seats, unless strapping people to the wings is an idea.

Airlines have a seat sale, but only sell a certain amount of seats at that price. You got the last one. Unless your travel agent can cajole their AC rep to give them the second seat at the same rate, you never do know.