Thursday, June 5, 2008

Harbingers of happiness

As promised, here is a (very bad, thanks to crappy office lighting) photo of the lovely roses Vegas sent me on a whim from overseas... I wish I had had my camera to capture them as I first unwrapped the beauties, it was fairytalesque - and yes, that is now a word!

The 3-foot long box they came beautifully nestled in:

The roses that bloomed overnight while I wasn't there:

I may be silly but flowers are exquisitely romantic, specially if given/received for no special reason... sometimes a "just because" is all ones needs to rekindle the soul.

Next year when we have our summer house? There will be flowers planted outside in every possible spot. Redemption for the cut blooms... it will be so good to see them grow wild and free every year.

/end of Yey For Romantic Men post/

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! So bright and red. I love em'. Lucky lady.

Lola Smiles said...

Wow! Gorgeous is right! Enjoy! Have fun you two!

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Flowers for no good reason are certainly the best kind! And a yard full of flowers is so soothing, at least for me anyways. I love my yard!

Good job, Vegas!

Technodoll said...

Girl1218, they really are that red in the sun, eh? Gotta love them roses!

Lola, fun is on the agenda, rain or shine! :-)

WW, someday I'll have a yard... LOL!

prin said...

Um. Flowers everywhere? But what about the doggies?

Very pretty. :)

Technodoll said...

Prin, the dogs can stay in the house :-D

Dolce, I totally agree! Liars! LOL!

B said...

those are friggin GORGEOUS

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Technodoll said...

And I had to leave them at the office all weekend, waaah!