You know the feeling when something just isn't sitting right, when it's niggling in the back of your mind on stealth mode and raising stress levels subconsciously until it all boils over at some point?
Well that happened two days ago and thank saint verbiage for that!
Getting married in early August just isn't going to happen. And yes, this is for real and it's not an April fish. The timing was just too crazy!! Who wants to get married in the sweltering city and then fly off to Los Angeles the next day for a grueling week of tradeshow hell?
Not me, not Vegas, not anyone.
Sooo we decided to postpone the wedding to January 11th 2009... somewhere in the Caribbean! Yup. Gonna escape the Great Canadian Winter and go spend 10 days on a small, quiet, hot beachy island, get married at sunset with our bare feet in the sand.
Hell, we're only going to do this once so we're going to do it right. Friends and family will be all invited, of course, so save up your pennies for an awesome vacation! For those who won't be able to make it, we'll have a party shortly after to celebrate the happiness. From sunburn to snowballs, isn't that fun?
We're both very happy and relieved with this decision, and our families support us entirely. Now we can relax into this busy summer and enjoy our new life together as it comes.
Just need to get through the next two months without going nutters.
/end of Le Sigh post/
9 comments:
oooh - that sounds fantastic!!
Yeah! I've been to 2 Caribbean destination weddings and never had a better time at a wedding. That will probably suit you guys better. It will be a blast I"m sure.
Oh, good! I wasn't sure what to expect after your post yesterday. The Caribbean is amazing and it'll be too romantic to pass up!
"with our feet in the sand..." that says it all! An excellent idea. Getting married sans stress. (applause)
Wedding in January? *YAY* Am I on the guest list? :D
The beach is se-xay! Go for it! Ya lucky bums! :)
*smile* timing is everything - and when you get married - its what helps you breathe all the more. Funny though, I got married Dec 2 and in the middle of the US, that's freakin cold, but I wasnt here - I was on the beach with the sand between my toes and the closest 20 friends to witness our time. We made it a 3-day occassion. I am so tempted to post my pictures of the wedding, but if you need any ideas let me know. And heck - you can have any of my left over/unused sand/sea shell bottles if you want them. I overbought...HIS redneck family decided not to come *lucky me*!
I love weddings! When we move, I want to change my admin profession to wedding planner. Destination Weddings will be my specialty!
sorry to hear about the delay but that totally rocks! and we all know once you two love birds tie the knot you're gonna want to hole up and consummate!! can't think of a better place to bask than the carribbean!!
Deutlich, I know!! woohoo! :-D
1218, I love feedback like this... which islands? we're looking for a really special place but need help choosing :-)
Dolce, we're all about the romance... lord knows it seems to be in short supply these days.
Curly, we're shucking the stress off the plane with no parachute. buhbye!!
F.Angel, it's totally gonna be an open invitation! pack yer bags!
Lola, as long as the groom wears pants. ah-hem! *grin*
Daring, YESSS please! we want to hire someone to take care of all the details, do you know of any good companies that do that?! (ps: which beach did you tie the knot?)
VIMH, oh don't you just know it! nothing like long lazy nights of ... um.. "sleep" in the caribbean! :-D
Post a Comment