Thursday, April 3, 2008

"Never lose your cool"

That's the slogan behind the Mazda 5 GT (this is not our car, same color but sexier mags).

She drives like a dream and smells sweeter than baby hair, I can't wait to pick Vegas up at the airport tomorrow night in ze zoomzoom girl!

Oh and I drove the cheaper GS version in black for two years and loved it, so it was an easy hop into an upgraded model. Not much choice when you have two big dogs, you know? Vegas is so funny... said we had to put the first scratch on the new car together (ok under the hood, eh?) so the worst will be done... all future scratches won't hurt so much then, he he!

The iPod adapter thingie is a headbender though - once the iPod is plugged in, all access is through the stereo which does not display song titles or anything, only strange random numbers and fuck me if I understand anything. The user's manual is useless! Ghah!

Anybody else have this? Help!

/end of New Car post/

11 comments:

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Ooooh...first to post a blog on this one. So fortunate am I. I am growing to love reading your blogs more and more as well lady. I am the proud owner of a Sand Mazda 3. And I know all about the Zoom Zoom phenom taking over those who dare drive them. I LOVE my car. I love Mazda's and the way they hug the road, curbs, get up and go when needed and they are so sleek. Though mine has been rear ended twice last year (within months of each other) I have managed to keep my love alive - even with the miles I put on it. Have fun in yours my fellow Mazda lover...seems we have much in common!

prin said...

You can't control it via your ipod? Mine lets you control it by the radio (stupid track numbers) but you can pick up the ipod and choose something else directly on it.

Yey for new cars! :)

Oh and I agree with Vegas. Like cutting a wedding cake. :D

Technodoll said...

Daring, I too started with a Mazda 3 four years ago (short lease) and then had to switch to something more dog-friendly... so this is my 3rd zoom-zoom, I do like them alot - nice car for the money. Woohoo!

Prin, I wish I had dual control but nope - this system is a bit unfriendly, I am surprised to find. Not to pleased with it but I'll probably get used to things with time. The rest of the cake (er, car) is awesome! OK it's not as awesome as the big blue, but that's my next car ;-)

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Ahhh, the thrill of a new ride......I just paid mine off, and I'm riding that thing until the wheels fall off!!!

B said...

I freakin' LOVE my Mazda! Whoot!

Technodoll said...

WW, that's the plan we have for this little baby, too... the "dog mobile", LOL!

Deutlich, yay! What model do you have?!

KA said...

GOD DAMNIT! IWANT A NEW CAR LOL.

I dunno, sorry i'm just dying with envy. I'm driving a 2002 honda accord and I'm just waiting until the day that I can get something better.

Dolce said...

I wish I could help you, but I have a hard time figuring out how to put my car in 4 wheel drive.

Great car though! Perfect for the doggies.

I'm so excited for you today since Vegas is coming!!!

Anonymous said...

Lucky girl! I know nothing about the built in iPod stuff, I still use the kind you have to plug into the lighter. Good Luck!!!

Zedder said...

I dont even have an ipod so Iam of no help in this situation.
Congrats on the new car! I need a new car, I have had mine for a year and a half now ( I have a slight problem and need to switch rides every year...I need a support group :( )
First scratch is always hard, but there are some rather fun ways to "mark up" a new car... use your imagination ;)

Rebecca Foster said...

Smells sweeter than babies' hair cracked me up. Congrats on the new car! I can never figure out gadgetry either.