So we're back from two days at my mom's in Quebec City, whew!
We drove there in the rain yesterday and ended up in the SNOW - I should have taken a photo of the neighborhood's 12-feet-tall grimy snowbanks - but today was lovely enough for walking outside and shopping in the old city: Vegas is officially the biggest tourist I've ever known (3 t-shirts, 2 flags, a key chain, a fridge magnet... I put my foot down on the "Habs car flag", over my dead body!) - LOL!
We had a great time despite my mom's furnace which went out of control, the thermostat broke or something so we had to open the windows and man, it was HOT in that house! Freaking horrendous - speedos, anyone? And why do these things always happen on the weekend when repair people are off? Grrr!
I love travelling with my man, he's a perfect car companion and I could not ask for a better friend, soulmate, partner and lover. Sigh. It will be hell to say goodbye Tuesday evening, the only redemption is that this is the last time. Two more months of long-distance crap and then it's all over, finally all over!! He moves here mid-June and ah, let summer and life together begin.
Totally rockin'!!
OK time for a shower, jammies, hot chocolate (yummy organic spicy chili stuff) and movie cuddles.
I'll bitch and moan about Monday tomorrow.
/end of bye-bye weekend post/
7 comments:
Sounds like a totally lovely weekend! It's so easy to forget all the crap when you got a great man by your side.
I bet you're getting excited......two months will fly by!!!
Yuk....MONDAY!
Aww. So sweet.
btw, I would have had to disown you as a friend if you bought one of those flags. Like, seriously. Not only is it, like, sooo low class, but you'd ruin the weatherstripping on your brand new mobile and I just can't stand by and watch that happen. *shakes fist in the air*
i have reading these but they make me so insanely jealous sometimes :_p
I love the fact that Vegas is buying tourist tat when he is going to become a resident in two months!
:D
1218, yeah... and like they say "one today is worth two tomorrows" :-)
WW, not sure about time flying by, but I will do my best to survive eh? Now where is that camera... LOL!
Prin, no chance in HELL! I'm not a bs from hochelaga! *grin*
Tin ma'am, you will love me in two days again... moaning and crying and drowning my sorrows in beer!
Sian, exactly!! He says he needs something to keep him linked to the place in the meantime, I love it :-)
Go Habs!!!
Post a Comment