Friday, April 11, 2008

The curtains are goin' up

Yes, we bought funky curtains for the living room - well, to split the two living-room sections and make the couch/TV area more snuggly. Yes, we're that kinda sickening, LOL!

Oh, but they are sooo beautiful... a kind of electric sea-blue and made from thin silky heavy floor-length threads, imagine bead curtains? but made with fabric so when bunched up it looks gorgeous and when loose, you can see through them, very exotic, breezy and original if I do say so myself.

I promise to take a picture on a sunny day to show you :-)

Kinda funny to see Vegas struggle with the drill, screwdriver and stepladder though, he he! The handyman is doing a good job, I have no complaints. I wonder what kind of payment he expects later - reeerrr!

Dinner is luscious sushi and expensive chilled chianti, maybe a movie or just leafing though the bags of books we bought this afternoon. Life rocks despite the shitty wet hail and wind, eh? You just need your soulmate close by.

/end of drill-bit post/

8 comments:

B said...

it always amuses me when you do that whole "reeerrr" thing. hahahaha

have a great time tonight, hon!

KA said...

you two are so damn cute you make me wanna puke :-p happy for you.

prin said...

Yey!

I tells ya, the reer is spreading. Like wildfire in a rain forest.

Have fun you. :)

Rebecca Foster said...

Fun times! I love new stuff that changes the look of a room. And yes, anything is great with the right person nearby. If only Montreal were sunny year round, I might move there. :)

prin said...

I just realized that the bunny has a toilet brush in his hand. I thought it was just his hand. lol

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

I absolutely love to decorate and redecorate and update and well interior design and art itself is my forte` - so to hear you've done anything and plan to capture it in picture is exciting. Cant wait to see. I am a constant re-arranger to update and keep variety. Glad to know I am not alone.

Anonymous said...

I was going to say I noticed how the weather doesn't seem to bother you so much now. ;) Now that you got your honey bunny to snuggle with.

Technodoll said...

Deutlich, I have to say I stole that from Prin, haha! reeeerr!

Tin ma'am, I'd hand you a bucket but that somehow doesn't sound right... LOL!

Prin, yessum! I loves it! Toilet brush and all :-D

Rebecca, if Montreal had great weather it would become huuuge and then there goes the neighborhood, hehe! So... we endure the 7-month long winter... sigh.

Daring, I get these rushes of "need a new room look" and then bam! So refreshing to see the end result, isn't it?

1218, that is too funny - I have to say the past week we had goooorgeous weather, eh? And the two rainy days didn't bother me so much then: melt you effing snow! melt! Of course the hunny DID pull my mind away from stuff... hum!