Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's all just "nice"

What else can I say?

The weather was nice today, my dogs are in a nice mood, the field where we went to walk after work was nice and dry (the jerk we met there with two dogs was a ripe asshole, nicely executed), this organic wine is nice, I had a nice chat with my dad on the phone this afternoon and it was nice to cross a day off the calendar... yes, one day closer to Vegas being here for good. Nice.

I don't care to count how many days are left. Pfft.

On to random hayday thoughts...

Have any of you ever given blood? What is that like? I've been thinking that someday I should be a good citizen and do it but man... getting my veins milked that like scares the crap out of me. Even the donut isn't tempting enough.

I ate too much chocolate today and tried to make up for it by eating a rocket and broccoli salad for dinner, with an orange for dessert. And some chocolate cookies. And wine. Crap. Plan has backfired.

If anyone has suggestions for an awesome Caribbean location for a January wedding, please don't be shy! Small island with no jumbo jets, cruise liners or busses of kids please :-)

A fried banana for dessert constitutes as a serving of fruit, right?

OK I'm slowly going off my rocker here... better to say goodnite before the rest of the wine kicks in and I start mumbling about all the hot incredible sex I'll be missing the next two months. *cries*

/end of mumbo jumbo post/

12 comments:

Rebecca Foster said...

I have given blood. It wasn't too bad. You can close your eyes if you want. And you can eat all the cookies you want afterward!

I don't know what rocket and broccoli salad is but I am glad I am not the only one who compensates for treats with veggies. Mine backfires sometimes too. And I just ate a plateload of french fries for dinner. Oh well.

xoxo

prin said...

Rockets the candy?

I didn't eat a lot of chocolate today. As punishment, I slept through supper.

One day less, indeed. :) At least it was a sunny one.

Sian said...

I give blood and it is fine. It doesn't hurt or anything and it is such a useful thing to do.
I read in "A Year in Provence" that in France you get given wine and lovely pastries after giving blood :)We just get tea and biscuits here.

Try putting rum over that fried banana...yummy :)

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

I've never weighed enough to give blood growing up. Now, I'm fat enough - but stingy now. Plus I faint at the sight of needles (Embarrassing).

As far as your wedding. I say you go to Sint Maartin. It's a small, but fabulous island. It is 1/2 French and 1/2 Dutch. They are close to another port island called Saba which I want to retire on one day. Everyone is so friendly and plenty of beach to go around. And the French side has nude beaches (Bikini Beach). Cant wait to go back. All hotels have beach views, so you can rent space for cheap and include the honeymoon/room etc into the pkg to save even more cash. That's what I did! It was beautiful without the additional cost of a traditional wedding.

Technodoll said...

Rebecca, I'd bring my own blindfold you can be sure of that! and oh, mmm fries... sigh. why can't they be fat-free? (rocket is arugula, a spicy green used in salads)

Prin, the grape kind. A bit hard to chew with the broccoli though...

Sian, I may have to go donate blood in France! ha ha! PS: rum on the fried banana? You just made my day!

Daring, thank you for the suggestion! Will definitely look into that! We were thinking Anguilla, have you heard anything about it?...

Anonymous said...

I haven't given blood because my veins are too small. Yes that's right I officially have small veins. What of it! So anytime I have to have my blood taken the doctors have to use a butterfly needle and get the blood out of the top of my hand. YUCK!

As far as the Island I have been to 3 Caribbean Weddings.

1.Punta Cana - Dominican Republic very nice but not so small and kids everywhere.

2. Puerto Aventuras - Mexico gorgeous, not so small, and our resort had no kids but kids were allowed in some of the resorts.

3.Morrocoy - Venezuela small, remote, gorgeous, kids are allowed but I didn't see any.

4. Also in Venezuela, Los Roques. I wasn't there for a wedding but I have been there it is a breath taking island.

Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Wait! I have actually been to 4 Caribbean weddings. Man, I have to stop going to Caribbean weddings. The other was in Cancun, but it wasn't so Caribbean like. It was in a hotel, and I had been to the busy, touristy island of Cancun so many times that it was like having a wedding in a hotel down the street. It was nice but not so fabulous.

If I think hard enough, I am probably leaving out another Caribbean wedding!

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Donating blood is better for the semi-squeamish folk.......now donating plasma......that's the kicker....I used to be really poor! haha

voiceinmyhead said...

stuck on rocket and broccoli salad....getting a weird visual too. :P

Technodoll said...

1218, holy cow! I want your life! LOL (thanks sooo much for all the info, btw!)

WW, I need to hear about this. No, really. Donating plasma??

VIMH... it's just greens, LOL! with a balsamic glaze, olive oil, a sprinkling of toasted pine nuts and sesame seeds... yum!

Anonymous said...

What about Grand Caymen? Also, this is caribbean, but there is a little island off the coast of Georgia called Little St Simons island. You can rent out the entire island for like 10,000. It's beautiful.

Technodoll said...

wow princessb, just went to http://www.littlestsimonsisland.com/ and i'm hooked! :-D