Sunday, April 27, 2008

Puurrrr.

That's as good a way to describe this weekend as any other - it wasn't perfect, but it was purrr.

-Gorgeous weather, soaked plenty of it up so I'm ready for this week's icky cold rain.
-Had a lovely time with N today walking by the river with the kids and just getting out of my neighborhood for a change.
-Am eating pretty well so health is good: yay for summer weight!
-Made progress in purging... still 75% to go and six weeks to do it so I'm on target, yay!

And lastly, I got to finally spend some chat & phone time with Vegas, which was a blessing. He's been on a crazy schedule lately and with the 5-hour time difference, connecting has been a bit challenging.

So yeah. Time for bed now, my head is full.

PS: some dude admiringly called my dogs "asian pitbulls" tonight - it was pretty funny since he quickly moved his giant gorgeous chocolate brown pitbull off the sidewalk to let the kids and I pass. It's funny to hear a big guy ooooh and aaaah so much to his friends about the amazing "pitbulls asiatiques", LOL!

/end of La La post/

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww...i love when weekends just work out. my weekend just needed one more day so i am staying home from work today.

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a wonderful weekend, honey! You really deserved it!

KA said...

glad you got your phone calls and yes, your dogs are really amazing and I would ooh and ahh and huggles and kissles their cute wittle asian faces.

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Anything worth having is worth fighting (or working) for. Keep it up. You'll have everything tip top before you know it. :)

Dolce said...

It's been good weekends all around. I thought your dogs were akita's? Is the right. My friend's akita is SUPER fury and only about 35lbs. Yours are huge!

Technodoll said...

1218, I want your weekend! LOL However with this bad weather, I don't mind being cooped up in the office...

Elisabeth, I like to think I did! *grin*

Tin ma'am, I'll supply the wet washcloth for the "post doggy kisses", OK? You might even need two! :-D

Daring, I just read your latest entry and it was music to my ears. You're darn right about that, oh yes!! Happy you had a good vacation, too!

Dolce, yes they are akitas... the guy was kidding, cuz he had a pitbull and I guess akitas have a certain "reputation" that eejits like to classify, you know? Some people still call them "Japanese Fighting Dogs" :-((

Zedder said...

glad you had a good weekend.
And why wouldnt even the manliest of men ooh and ahh over your beanies.

And I fully understand the UK charm now (wink wink)