Ohhh yes, the expected soreness is not as bad as I thought it would be but STILL! ooowww! I'm walkin' kinda funny, LOL! I can feel which parts of my body got a workout though, and am very pleased at the overall experience - can't wait to do it again! But first I have to rest, do gentle stretches and be kind to my body. Woke up at 11am from an ok night of sleep, the deepest sleep was after 6am though - before that, it was more of a semi-slumber, not restful at all. And since today is cold, wet and rainy - (what the hell else?!) I had no qualms about resting. The dogs are sooo lazy today too, like two little zombies!
Had a light brunch, took a shower, fed the dogs (which one of them prompty burped up again all over the carpet #$%?#!), enjoyed a hot latte then drove over to the woods for a walk, it was just sprinkling so it was fine. Still plenty of wet snow under the trees, some mud, not too bad... it was very quiet and peaceful, the kids enjoyed the new smells and collected burrs on their coats for my enjoyment to pick off - thanks guys - at least my legs got a nice stretch. Then I met up with my friend N to go get her microwave, finally wooo! More driving around, picked up a bunch of fruits and veggies and also meat for the dogs, then home for a bowl of light and spicy bean and veggie soup, finished up the laundry and tidying up, threw dinner together and it's now baking in the oven, smells goood... spicy pilaf rice with corn and bits of mexican pork & tofu sausages, that'll also serve for a lunch or two this week.
Nice to sit down finally and take a break... while the rain plops down against the windows. Tomorrow is the 3rd snowstorm of the month, which is actually breaking a record. Whoopee.... about -8C with the windchill is forecasted. Alot of people are screaming so it's not just me - enough already! you know? sick to death of this shit... cold, wet, cold, snow, cold. blah!
But whatever... am in a good mental place right now so I can't let petty things like the weather bother me, right? Breathe in, breathe out... everything happens for a reason and everything will be OK. Gonna go cruise eBay now! hah.
No comments:
Post a Comment