Saturday, April 28, 2007

Rockin' crockpot

I can't believe I've had this amazing crockpot sitting in my back room collecting dust for over 3 years... been meaning to use it forever but it always slipped my mind. So on my way home from work yesterday I picked up some wonderful butterflied turkey thighs (each cut in two) from the butchers, figured I needed some kind of meat and chicken is boring, right?

So I took off the skin and nestled them in the crockpot, with chopped onions, garlic, a bit of butter, a can of cream of chicken soup, a can of milk, lots of fresh black pepper, some dried hot chilies and sprigs of fresh basil. I let it all simmer gently for about 6 hours and OMG!! sooo tender, meat just falling off the bone, it was incredible. I served it with some simple pilaf rice & corn, what a lovely comfort meal for this cold rainy day, and JUST what I needed after an intense yoga class. Of course PMS-chocolate-rage kicked in right after dinner and I was screaming for mercy, so snacked on a pack of M&Ms... feel guilty about that cuz I don't need the junk food, rather should eat an orange.

Deeep breath... oowwww. Breathing in class today was excruciating, my body was protesting all the way - no energy, just flat and unresponsive. Got through the class but my muscles are still shaking and trembling in protest... I can't do yoga just once per week or I'll never get anywhere, I need to find a place close to home for a class mid-week. Ouain. Gotta put that on my plate.

So... tonight's movie is a real brainer, "Night at the Museum" with Ben Stiller. Perfect for my IQ today, why not stick that to a glass of wine and call it a day, eh? That's exactly what I'll do. And then log on later, exhausted and drunk, and post all kinds of nonsense. Well so what... this is my space and I'm having a ball ok? Puuuurrrfect. Glad you're still with me :-))

PS: the horror-scope thingie at the bottom of my blog is kaput right now, but should be fixed soon, just an applet error from the hosting site. They're working on it, please try again later.

PPS: check out the "Songs of the moment" too under the blog archives list, I'll change the content here and there depending on my mood. Just click, play and enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicky, for your PMS relief: www.whackyourboss.com. Enjoy.

Cheers,
G.