Monday, April 30, 2007

Scarf, hat, mittens

Here we go again! oh man... the wind blew something FIERCE and COLD today! It was either take a taxi home or buy a scarf so I wouldn't freeze walking, so I bought a scarf of course. Always Miss Practical. Took the kids for a romp - wrapped in my winter jacket - had an early dinner, tidied up the place and here I am, in jammies and sipping a hot choc. Brilliant eh? Today is May 1st and I hope it gets better. warmer. more spring-like, you know?

I am sooo looking forward to this weekend, I get a new camera - wooo! OK yes I know, I just got a new camera for christmas... a super nice one, too. Long story short, the new super-duper lens finally arrived and bf picked it up Saturday, which completed the ensemble. Well it's ridiculous. It's a ginormous and tedious contraption that weighs like 15 pounds, I can hardly hold up the camera now, I mean it was huge and clunky to begin with but now?! AARGGH! I hated it on sight! so much! i threw a fit and cried, just so disappointed... it wasn't what I wanted in the first place and now it's completely un-useable.

Thank god i have the most understanding and loving bf in the world... sure he was disappointed at my reaction, as he only wanted to get me the best toy on the market - but i explained to him that what others rate as the best, is not necessarily what i want or need. I didn't want to be ungrateful and that made me even more upset - uugghh. So the conclusion is, he wants to keep the camera, he'll get good use out of it. He'll return the fancy lens and get the more basic one back (which is still excellent), and with the difference in money he'll buy me a new camera- but one i can actually choose myself! yeeyy. So it'll be christmas all over again, how cool is that? It'll even match the weather, LOL!

Already dark outside.. watching Two and a Half Men, love that show. later peeps!

No comments: