I can't believe it's been 20 years I gradutated from high school, seems like yesterday. Always chasing after tomorrow and look what happened: I'm older yet haven't gone very far from my starting point. Am I chasing my tail like a drunk dog? Will I die and be buried in the cemetary behind the hospital where I was born? Mind you I would like that but it's not the point. My very wise friend P said that aging was like adding layers to one's personality, the changes are there even if the core remains the same. Maybe that's why I feel cold most of the time, not enough layers... So you take a few trips, buy stuff, get rid of stuff, make friends and lose friends, get hired, get fired, sleep, gain weight, lose hair, read books and watch movies, smoke a joint, dance, chase a few thunderstorms - and then what? Nice journey but is there supposed to be a destination? Some say yes, others say no... Me, I'm just confused as all heck. Times like these I'm glad I don't do drugs or alcohol - I'd be a goner.
1 comment:
Happy anniversary!
I do still remember some of the stuff that happened 20 years ago. Nice. I really wish I could relive that day. Hope you had fun also.
Even though I personally think that there is no destination, the point of it all is to have fun getting there.
20 years ago... I can't believe you feel you haven't gone very far from your starting point. At least you're about 600km away from Brayon land, now that's something!
Post a Comment