Life's funny, eh?
I had a lovely time with my mom by the sea, the weather was gorgeous and it was like being at a spa with the good healthy food, a home-made foot treatment, hours of walking on low-tide rocky beaches - pics to follow at some point, once I've gotten them off my camera...
But why did a violent thunderstorm have to start two minutes before my departure and follow me for an hour?
Seriously - what a way to completely undo all the benefits of a relaxing getaway!
Ever been in a car wash? With the sheets of thick water hitting the car at all angles, the complete lack of visibility, the thundering noise and rocking vehicle?
Yeah, like that - only on a highway and add in continuous flashes of lightening, rendering you blind!
I couldn't stop and let the storm pass as Vegas needed the car, so I had to get my ass home asap - so like the other poor sods on the highway, it was flashers on and crawling at very slow speeds, white knuckles gripping the steering wheel, praying for it all to end.
Anyhoo.
I'm home now, safe, everyone's fine despite the crushing humid heat and I'm so taking it easy today. Four nights of no sleep will do that to a person.
So. Tired.
I need a burger and fries, that's what! LOL
Hope you're all having a nice week?
/end of Bikini Martini Linguini post/
3 comments:
bikini martini linguini? Funny.
Glad you had a nice time.
I loathe driving in that type of weather...sometimes it seems to follow you!!!!
Can't wait to see the pics!!!
So, like, you realize that driving home in the perfect storm, risking your life and car, just so Vegas can have the car is kind of ironic?
Priorities, eh? Tsk. Keep my friend safe. :D
Glad you made is home safe. Can't wait to see the pictures.
Post a Comment