Friday, May 21, 2010

Just like Santa!

I'm making a list
And checking it twice
Gotta make sure
The vodka's on ice...

Ha! That would be lovely, but the list is for Vegas as he generously offered to take care of hearth and home so I could escape for a little trip by the sea with my mom... I leave Sunday morning!

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!*

I'm sure the flock and doggies will be in excellent hands, he's practicing the routines with me now and everything will be noted down on paper, I'll have my cellphone handy in case there are any emergencies so we should be all set.

Isn't this exciting??

My first real getaway since we moved here last year, and my first communion with salty sea water in almost two years.

Holy crap.

Time flies bitterly fast, it's frightening.

I don't know where today went. After shopping, groceries, cleaning and tidying up, flock care, dog care, gardening and laundry as well as a bunch of whodunnits - it's now almost dark, another day disappeared into the néant. Gaaaaaaah!

Do you also feel like your life is slipping and sliding out of control sometimes?

Or is it just moi?

I shall leave you with more excerpts from "The City", hope you're enjoying the series... I'll post the last pics tomorrow as I'm gone after that, upon my return there will no doubt be many refreshing blue ocean and beach photos: life is but one giant juxtaposition, no?
(do click to enlarge!)

And this is how I see the world :-)

PS: Ginger slaphead is at the vet's until tomorrow morning, standard procedure here after an operation - even a simple one such as ball chopping. I have to say, it's been refreshingly peaceful and quiet here all day - my stress level has decreased greatly and I'm enjoying every minute of him not being here. It pains Vegas for me to say (and feel) like this but what can I say? It is what it is.

/end of Sweet Life post/

6 comments:

Anke said...

I love all your city pictures, but I would never want to live in a large city. Actually out in the boonies, in the middle of nowhere would be my first choice...
Have fun on your trip! Hope you get to relax, recharge and rest.

C said...

oh nikki! have So much fun on your vacance... j'espere vous va avoir beaucoup de bon manger, beaucoup de solielle? et une safe trip!

lol.

take care hon... see ya whenst you get back. don't forget to bring me summit! jk

c

The running yogi said...

Have a wonderful escape! I have been living at the beach for 6 months and have to move in 3 weeks...:(

The city looks amazing...I'll be in your neck of the woods this August when my sister is in Montreal for a conference.

Stephanie said...

Oh that is exciting!! Have a great time:)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Good for you, have a wonderful time with you mom. Relax!
Love the meter :)

prin said...

Have fun you!!