Days like these make me wish I had bionic parts: no residual pain and the staying power of a supercharged battery, oh yes!
But no, it's just little old me.
Emphasis on little and old.
One nice sunny (albeit not so warm) day and I go crazy. I want to catch up on everything: gardening, landscaping, long-awaited exterior house renos, coop expansion, garage cleaning - I could go on but I'm getting tired just writing this!
I need more sunny daylight hours, that's what.
And an extra pair of arms.
Anyways.
Let's just say today was exhausting what with three different come-to-jesus meetings with the two boys, a broken screen door, getting dragged on the grass on my stomach by a slaphead ginger moron dog and suffering a wrenched back and quasi-shoulder dislocation, four hours of weeding that didn't yield any visible results, some fishing shack renos, a big pot of spaghetti sauce and some laundry and and and -
I'm pooped!
Don't misunderstand, I'm not complaining as I appreciate and enjoy both the great weather and our land but it's just too much. So, in the midst of pulling buckets of weeds from three of the ten giant flower/shrub gardens strewn about the property and getting nowhere, I had a revelation.
This is our place.
To tailor to our lifestyle.
Why continue maintaining someone else's passion just because it's there? Why spend the entire summer weeding and pruning and mulching when there's just no point in it? Nobody else sees these gardens but us and frankly, I've enough on my plate as it is.
No, my dream is to get rid of half these gardens and just have grass instead.
Prettier, more functional and a helluva lot easier and cheaper to maintain!
I'm looking forward to putting everything in place, woo!
But first things first... I need to get the auxiliary chicken coop with the attached run ready by the weekend to move the young flock in there, which will then free up a bunch of space in the garage so I can spend a day cleaning up the dusty crap everywhere.
I guess the gardening will have to wait... bummer.
Please wish me luck (and energy and stamina and patience and carpentry skillz) tomorrow!
/end of Pooped But Pumped post/
5 comments:
As I was reading about your weeding...I was thinking: "fill the beds with grass"...great minds!
It is a lot of work taking care of a home and big yard...and then add in all your critters. You need a right hand man. Or left handed woman. Either will help. Or perhaps both?
I think that sounds like a great plan! As you say: It's for YOU :)
You are so freakin smart! Of course you should tailor the place to suit your lifestyle! And there's a grass i read about called buffalo grass which grows to a maximum height of something like 2 inches, so you really don't have to cut it!
Wishing you luck, more juice and sending you ((HUGS))
And here I was wondering why you mow three acres of it anyway. :D
Post a Comment