We're taking our house off the market for another year or so.
Yep. Not selling, at least for now.
We're going to enjoy this summer and chill out, relax, take a breather from everything that's happened the past couple of years. No packing, no moving, no renovations and settling for a smaller crappy place for most of the same financial headaches.
Since we moved here late last June and immediately jumped into four long months of intense renovations, we didn't get to do any fun summer stuff and vowed for things to be different this year - oh, I'm so excited!
I get to plant a small garden, just a few things really: cucumbers, squash, zucchinis, sweet potatoes, cabbage - stuff that grows by itself.
The flock is all sorted out for the summer and for next winter, too -
Yey!
I guess karma works in mysterious ways... There was a reason we didn't get any serious offers on our property the past three months.
It's because we're not supposed to leave yet.
I asked my flowers if they were happy
and got a smiling face in return:
and got a smiling face in return:
Life feels suddenly so much lighter. The things we do for the property are for us now, and not for potential buyers. The landscaping schedule has taken a breather and we can finally decorate and invest ourselves into this place a bit.
I will need a steady flow of photography gigs to bring in some extra money but am confident that will happen over time through word of mouth. Hey, I'm already booked for this weekend, weather permitting - yey! A good start to the season, I say :)
OK time for chocolate cake and a couple episodes of Glee, I shall leave you with something so terribly cute you'll thank me for it for weeks!
Because that's how long the song will stick in your head.
I promise.
I promise.
Keyboard Cat rules!
Hope you all had a lovely Monday, I'll be by your blogs in the next few days to check it out. I expect lots of awesome updates!
/end of Bye Bye Elephant post/
13 comments:
I think this is good news TD. Relax for a while and enjoy all the hard work you put into the place. Maybe another year will turn into YEARS and you will decide to stay. Glad to hear. I'm sure the chickies and puppies are too : )
Sounds like a great idea. Enjoy your summer, relax and have fun.
I always get what I wish for. :P ;)
Well, for other people anyway. :/
ditto what Prin said.
Because truly, I can't imagine anyone other than you having to clean that monstrosity :P
This is awesome news, so glad for you. Can't wait to hear about all your summer adventures. It's true, things happen for a reason. I need to remember this! Thanks for the reminder. :)
YEA! Relax a little and ENJOY - what a concept!!!
I am a Little sad that you won't be moving south with us : D
That is good news...take the pressure off!!!!!
Love the smiling flowers, I imagine that is how you will wake up today?
LOL at the keyboard cat? my cats only eat, poop and throw up! Bums.
That's great news and I'm sure quite a relief for you! So definitely enjoy the summer, nurture your veggie garden so it flourishes. Awesome. I'm so happy for you!
Happy Tuesday.
cute. updates on the veg patch please
Lou
Really happy for you! Glad you feel such relief. Now enjoy your life!
If the housing market is as bad in Canada as it is here in the States, putting things off for a year and relaxing is probably for the best. You can enjoy your garden and all the hard work from your renovations, and the house will probably fetch more too.
that is great news. i can remember how excited you were when you moved in to this house and i was a lil sad that you were leaving. so i am glad the weight is off your shoulders and that you will be enjoying your beautiful space once again.
everything happens for a reason, n'est pas?
cute video!
c
Post a Comment