Sunday, April 24, 2011

Lo! and Behold!

Last night, around 6pm, the voracious winds turned warmer 
and pushed away the heavy grey low-hanging clouds 
to reveal this awesome sky... 
What a feast for the eyes! the heart! the soul! 

After I put the flocks to bed 
I rushed into the house to grab my camera, 
you can't miss breathtaking moments like these ;-)





I felt soooo small, standing there looking up up up...

And then, looking down at me from the deck: 
our sweet beanies!


I found this in our flower beds at 7pm last night,
no idea how it survived yesterday's weather -
even better, it bloomed in it
because it wasn't there yesterday morning!


I feel like a wet rag today but I'll try to get some work done on the coops, 
eventually everyone WILL be outside for the summer dangnabbit!

My friend's going riding this afternoon but I can't go with her
as my lower back is still messed up and 
I'm alone for most of the week...
Gotta be careful.
*another Le Sigh*

Wishing you all a very Happy Easter,
if you celebrate it!

5 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Unbelievable sky! Love the shot with your pups. Happy Easter.

Anke said...

What a beautiful sky, gorgeous! Happy Easter to you and yours.

The Agrarian said...

WOW - what a sky...

Now, don't those beautiful sights make all that horrible weather worth it?

Truly beautiful sky. Lucky girl, you!

Hey, watch that back...

Have a good one,

Farmer

Busy Bee Suz said...

The skies you have captured are so impressive...gorgeous. :)
Love seeing your beanies too....so darn cute. Big sissies.
I hope your back feels better and I hope you enjoy your quiet time.
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great Easter! Sorry about your back. Get well soon lady!