Saturday, March 13, 2010

Snippets

Ah, so nice to finally have hubby home! Had to drive to the city to get him, wait an hour as he landed late and had to endure rudeness at the baggage carousel, but ah! All done now.

We came home to fresh-baked bread (oh how I love my bread machine) and I whipped up a batch of feta-and-chive scrambled eggs (oh how I love my hard-working chickens), which prompted Vegas to pass out on the couch for most of the afternoon while I toiled in the coops and the garage. That's what a red-eye flight will do to you after a long business trip, eh?

Speaking of chickens - I'm always speaking of chickens - look at the cuties I'm getting this week! One of my friends had no idea he has a pair of partridge sizzles on his hands, he doesn't really want them so I convinced him to sell them to me - yey!
Yes they both need a bath but basically,
they're supposed to be "rag dolls":

Some lady gave them to him so I'll be their third home... Truth be told, these little critters need some serious TLC. Another rescue, so to speak... Sigh.

However, since they're part of the silkie family, they will fit in nicely with my breeding plans so it's a win-win situation. I'm also getting a few colored silkies (breeding pairs) from Ontario in a couple of days, not sure yet what my friend found for me at the auction but am really excited because he only buys the very best birds - he knows everyone, I'm so lucky that way ;-)

And... I have about 20 babies in the incubator due March 24th!! I candled the eggs yesterday and tossed the infertile ones and voilà, if all goes well (IF), we'll have a bunch of new peepers in 10 days! OMG!

And then I'll be all set for a while, I have no space for more.

Bummer.

** pauses to fondle husband **

Kidding. I only lost my train of thought for a moment, due to extreme fatigue, a glass of red wine and "Memento" on TV. I used to think Guy Pearce was super hot but now, um, not so much. Funny how perceptions and tastes change over time, eh?

It doesn't hurt that I'm married to THE hottest man evar.

Brownie points? :-D

Happy weekend you spring-loving bloggists!

Politically correct: European Economic Community fries.

9 comments:

Vegas said...

yay Vegas :D Home at last

C said...

glad the hubbadubbdubbs is home bwahahahahaha...

your new girls are so cute! as they all are.

did you evah figure out what the smell was?

have a great weekend!

c

prin said...

I love the second pic. So detaily and arty.

Congrats on the entire new flock comin'. :D

Rebecca Foster said...

So glad your husband got home okay. And yes, traveling is exhausting, I always need a nap when I get home, no matter how long or short the flight was.

Can't wait til the chicks hatch, I know you'll post cute pics!

And yes, it's weird how tastes change. But, David Duchovny I loved in his Mulder days, and I still think he is pretty hot. He definitely passes the time test.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the rag dolls. They are too adorable for words. How exciting on the new little ones coming around the 24th. I don't know how you take care of all of them but it fascinates me. There is a P.O. I go to on Tuesday mornings before bowling and the roosters next door are always talking, I love it!
Glad your hubby is home. How is the smell going....

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Love you pause moments *cute* Glad he's home! :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

So happy Vegas is back home to roost. :0
More babies. Oh how exciting. I wonder, do chickens hate baths like my dogs and cats? HHHMmmmm.

Can't wait to see the new babies, I do hope you name one after me, you know your favorite blogger. Promise. I won't tell the others.

myself said...

they're kinda kool, I likes 'em!

Technodoll said...

Vegas, oui! Now stay! :-D

C, the smell is still there and still a mystery. Sigh. And I will get those two chickens this week, one is a boy and one is a girl. Yesssss!

Prin, it's a special kind of roo, I tell you! LOL

Rebecca, mmm ok some men do keep their charm and good looks as they age ;-)

Just Breathe, some roos are pavarottis and others, um, not so much... I have a bit of both, LOL! But the whole flock does love to talk to me, chatter, gossip and complain... LOL

Daring, we all have 'em, eh?

Busy Bee, well your name is my mom's name so I can't really... unless I name one BeeBee??

Myself, they're sooo cute in person... and they badly need rescuing :-(