Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Stinky woes

Well, the plumber dropped by last night, stayed 5 minutes and charged $203 for the visit. He suggested I simply flush the floor drain in the upstairs bathroom (looks like it worked, yey!) and do the same for the smelly bathtub drain on the main floor, which did not work - the stench of sewage is worse than ever this morning! There isn't even a toilet in that room!

Aggravating!

So I either figure out what to do thanks to the advice of savvy friends, or I call the plumber again and pay $90 per hour of work. Which we can't afford. Help!

Did you notice that whenever shit happens (no pun intended), Vegas is away on a business trip?

Yeah. I'm lucky like that.

I need to do a bit of carpentry work in the coop this morning - that place is never finished - and this afternoon I'm driving to a friend's place to photograph his bunnies and chickens, in exchange I get two new laying girls - how sweet is that? Double win!

Speaking of win, I lost a bit of front tooth - no idea when it got chipped off but it must be recent because I only noticed it yesterday while flossing. I do not want such a gap in my smile, it's gross and disturbing!

Paranoid about tooth health.

Must book a visit to the dentist.

*sob*

And the icing on the cake? In these times of financial drought? I got a call from my ex-employer last week saying they had made a mistake on tax withdrawal on my last payslip last year, and that I owed them $246. Yep, I'm lucky that way.

I really really really need some photography contracts - anybody??

Happy Hump Day, peeps...

How did the octopus lovers walk down the road? Arm in arm in arm in arm in arm.

12 comments:

Curly said...

Call them back. Tell them you forgot to charge them for a bunch of missed lunch hours and overtime and they owe you $246.

myself said...

Oh my I like Curly..NICE ONE!

Um. I believe when no longer employed at said place, BITE ME is the appropriate response. Their mistake is not YOUR problem.

Busy Bee Suz said...

yeah, bite me. I like that.
Sorry you are having such a bad week....I am with you on the teeth thing too.
I would love for you to come do some photographs here, but the travel expense might be a bit much.
**hope it gets better**

C said...

i love your lil jokes at the end! soo cute..

hon, you arent alone in the woes dept. if that is any comfort... i am so sorry you are going through this...

2 new chickies woooo hooooo!

that plumber should guarentee his work, if he thought it was fixed then he should come back out for free cuz it aint!

you WILL get through all this merde and you WILL sll your home and you WILL get some gigs for photography... i am sending you good mojo and boogga boogga...
and prayers... lots of them.

hang in there...

yeah, tell your old company to bite you!

c

Anonymous said...

bleh ....... thats a lot of of money

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your old employer would do that. Really?? Their mistake is not your problem, and they are arguing over $246?!? Petty!

Janean said...

sewer problems? i've got "issues" with other people's poo in toilets...however, with a clothespin on my nose, i'm brave enough to hug you! :)

prin said...

Shitty about the tooth. :( I hate toothy mishaps. :(

And I gotta say, first thing that comes to mind when Vegas leaves and you have toi-reh troubles is that knowing you being a dainty woman and all, we all know the issues arise because you finally "go" when he's not around. Right? :D (It's kind of funny because I knew a girl for whom that was actually true. :D)

Piper said...

goodness it does seem like the shit is hitting the fan.... he he! I so know what you are going thru with the plumbing issues. Our master bath stopped up for about 2 months and luckily we had the other bathroom, but it stank and it was in our bedroom. The plumbers kept coming and eating up our money and not fixing the problem. uh so frustrating, good luck with that!
The good side is you get to play with bunnies and chickies! Have fun on your outing

Roshan said...

Can we have pic of your broken toothed smile please? I'm sure if won't take anything away from your beauty!

Technodoll said...

Curly, mighty tempting - think I can get away with it? :-D

Myself, I know but... I can't burn bridges, it's bad karma. You know?

Busy Bee, if ever I need a break from the winter some day... I'll just head on over to your place! Yes? Yes!

C, thanks sweetie... I know these woes are just temporary and life is good! I just like to rant a lot, LOL!

Farley, yes indeed, it is!

Tonya, I know eh? GAAAH!

Janean, LOL! It's not the toilets, that's the thing! It's the sink or the tub or who the hell knows!

Prin, that's why I have "my" own toilet... you know, for girly things. :-D

Piper, yikes 2 months?? What was the resolution finally?

Roshan, you're my biggest fan!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

This does not sound good. You should make him come out and really fix it since you paid him so much. Sorry about the tooth, my daughter is like you about her teeth. Sorry Vegas isn't home:(
Hope the rest of your week is better.