Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blog paralysis

My blogging brain's just not grinding gears lately.

Still run down, still battling some evil virus, still super tired yet life goes on even if all I want to do is sleep all day. I'm not doing anything stressful but as many of you know, coping with a week-long headache-slash-migraine is taxing all in itself. Bleh!

I did have to drive to the city this morning to deliver some eggs and fetch Vegas, who is finally back from his business trip. Yey husband is home!

But - my god I hate the city and its RUDE drivers - I almost got sideswiped because some stupid old bitch never checked her blind spot before merging into my lane, then she had the gall to drive along me and throw me the finger and yell, like WTF??

She's lucky guns are outlawed here.

Bitch.

The cold weather and never-ending grey skies and snow, snow, snow don't leave much for room for outdoors creativity, everyone's just trying to survive right now instead of thrive.

Sometimes we have a day or two of thaw:


But for the most part we're freezing our arses off.

January, eh?

Speaking of cold, we finally bought a new fridge today. It'll be delivered in 12 days so it's something to look forwards to. We're stuck with a small space to put it in and a very restricted budget so our choices were limited, but we still found something nice.

Anything is better than this ancient, lop-sided, loud, crooked and broken fridge that currently sits in our kitchen. It came with the house and has served us well, but it really has to go now. We'll move it to our cold room downstairs and thus gain some extra storage so it all works out well.

Now if we could only replace the decrepit dishwasher and the worn-out stove top all would be hunky dory! Ah, one thing at a time. We gots patience :)

/end of Got Nothing To Say post/

5 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That will be awesome to get the new frig since yours sounds pretty bad. I haven't been very creative either on my blog. Not much going on. So glad that Vegas is home. One of my pet peeves is that very thing. I think that we would have a lot less accidents/deaths on the road if people would just turn their head. Every car has a blind spot, you can't trust your mirrors.

Busy Bee Suz said...

TD, I hope you feel back to your old self soon.
Glad Vegas is home with you, where he belongs. :)
New fridge? Sounds like something to celebrate to me. :0 I love appliances.
Have a beautiful weekend!!!

Keri said...

I know how you feel when it comes to migraines. I'm not sure what kind of medicine you use, but I've found that prescription strength (500mg) naproxen sodium helps with my migraines. I took extra strength off brand tylenol the other day when I had one and it didn't even touch it. When I got home I took the naproxen and it knocked it out within 30 minutes. Also, do you ever use a hot or cold compress on your head when you have a migraine???? I've used both. If one doesn't seem to work, I use the other, but most of the time, one of those will help ease the pain.

Hope that headache goes away soon!!!

The Agrarian said...

You know, Technodoll, every morning, I grab a hot cup of coffee and sit down to read your blog. You almost always make me smile or laugh!

The pictures look cold. Cold. Cold. Cold. But, they also look so beautiful. I hope it isn't so cold outside that you don't get to enjoy the beautiful views and freshness of newly fallen snow! What a treasure!

Sorry about the headache. But so glad Vegas is home. Nothing like a hubby at home.

Glad you made it thru the drive okay - people like that are so irritating. But, just throw it behind ya Sista friend.

I love your blog. Don't get blog paralysis, okay? My cup of coffee wouldn't be the same.

Farmer

C said...

congrats on da new frig... hope it serves you well!! i know what you mean about the gloomyness getting to you.. makes one feel very lonely, longing, and blah.

you arent alone!

please feel better soon!!!