Friday, August 24, 2007

Writing = breathing

I have no time to write today, but a friend told me I needed to breeeaathe and make space in my head full of minefields, so for now this is how I'll do it. Smiler taught me the ORGA (outbreath, relax, grounding, affirmation) but I had just put it aside... time to bring it back into my life.

What set me off? Guess I'm upset at not being able to go home at night with all my work done for the day, which is what I was used to up until recently. Leave the office and the work doesn't follow you home. It's a whole different ball game the past few months though - one that I am not willing to play (is it the big bats and hard balls? LOL!). That, and the dawning realisation that I need to seriously change the way I react to new things in life. Gut reaction has always been "Hell no!" "OMG it's so wrong!" or any variation of negative thought. It's just poison in my gut, I don't want to be that person anymore - I know I am better than this pettiness.

No time to go into details but that's the brunt of my day. Shuffling emails and paperwork, and struggling to break out of shell I feel is too tight for me, too irritating. I should be called Techopoppins. Hah! Affirmation: I am changing the way I view new information! That doesn't mean I need to keep a mind so open that my brains will fall out, it just means I don't *need* to be so set in my ways anymore, I'm in no danger of losing my identity even if I change. Sure feels good to be on the right path... accompanied by powerful positive forces. I am blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you need a martini! ;) It's Friday! Surely the work can't follow you home for the entire weekend...? Duck and weave, lose it.

prin said...

Sooo... basically... this means you're switching to kibble?

teeheeehee.. Just had to, you know. :D

(hugs)

Technodoll said...

Hehe Prin - I don't think I could ever embrace the idea of astronaught pepples as food for my dogs, sorry! *grins*

Martini-girl... what a fine idea. I'm making a pitstop at the liquor store on my way home and that's just that!! Off I go, wheeee! :-D