Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The time-machine question

Time to close the poll... question was "If you could go back in time and change certain things you've done in your life... would you do it?"

You answered:

No, I have no regrets in life 43%
Yes, I wish I knew then what I know now 33%
Maybe, if I could first figure out what I'd change 24%

I guess it was a loaded question, but what I wonder is how many of you can say, for certain, that the answer you picked would not vary no matter what? Hmm. I'm ambivalent... I mean I know I'm supposed to be here, now, because of the events that have happened in my life and all - and I have no complaints. But I still sometimes wonder "what if..?" *goes off to ponder*

1 comment:

prin said...

All my "what ifs" seem to lead to shittier outcomes than I have now...

Like if I hadn't hurt the guy who was so devoted to me in high school, where would I be? Probably married with kids.. *game show wrong answer sound echoes*

Or if I hadn't asked this man out, where would I be? Well, first of all, I wouldn't have my doggies. Second of all, I wouldn't have any idea what the good life could feel like..

It all works out in the end, even if the end is far, far away.