Well, the seller has until Saturday night to get back to us with a counter-offer... We're not too nervous though as we know he's willing to sell his property and we've got a bit of room to move, price-wise. Then, we'll find a mortgage one way or the other because hey, we're doing this and we're not afraid of obstacles... If we wanted easy, our love story would never have happened, LOL!*
*new readers: Vegas moved from England last summer to be here with me in Canada, now we're married and looking for more trouble, apparently. He he.
Hey, do any of you ever visit my photography blog? I haven't been updating it much lately because I don't think many people visit...
I can't let it die cuz I think it's so pretty, but whatever.
Our fridge has been miraculously full this week because, ta-daaah! I did some smart cooking on Sunday! I'm always too tired on weeknights to cook so... used my brain, for a change!
- Poached some skinless, boneless chicken breasts in a bit of broth. Set them aside for chicken pot pies, used the broth in a yummy ham, potato and corn chowder.
- Made a juicy meatloaf, defrosted some thick pork chops and pie dough.
- Peeled and chopped a bunch of potatoes, used some in the chowder and boiled the rest to be used in the chicken pot pies and as mashed to go with the meatloaf.
Monday we had the meatloaf with the prepared mashed taters, just peeled, julienned and steamed some nantaise carrots for veggies. Finished the wine.
Tuesday, rolled out the pie dough, made a packet of À La King sauce and tossed that with some chopped cooked chicken breast, the cooked cubed potatoes and some canned peas and carrots. Had enough for two lovely pies that cooked golden brown and bubbly in no time. Vegas ate almost an entire one. *rolls eyes*. The other is in the freezer for next week or so.
Tonight, we had the meatloaf again, with some steamed broccoli.
Tomorrow, we'll have the pork chops that I baked with olive oil and onion soup mix, just need to bake some squash to go with that.
We've been lunching on the chowder and still have a bunch of chicken left over, dunno what to do with it... will probably freeze and save for later, there is just too much food and not enough mealtimes. Wow. That's never happened before!
*giggles*
I can only imagine how ridiculous it's going to get once I have my own kitchen and time to use it... I plan on buying a bread machine and planting a small garden next year, btw.
I told Vegas that I'd make some lucky guy a good wife someday. He he.
/end of This Post Was Written By My Stomach post/
12 comments:
mmmm I ate all the pie
yay wife
Ooh you'll be moving soon too hopefully then! Yayness. I wish ya luck with that. And of course I read your photoblog, just never comment. :)
I look at the photoblog in chunks. I likes it. :)
Don't work too hard though.
I'm glad this post is stress-free. ;)
Kinda jealous of all the food though, even though I wouldn't even know what to do with it anymore... um...
I love the photoblog, I check it out. I have to admit not being there lately, but I haven't been much of anywhere lately.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you with the house. I am so excited for you in your new adventure.
Also, your cooking sounds fabulous.
Your photos are so nice...you have a great EYE. (ok, maybe 2 of them)
I love the note from the cat. clever girl.
The dinners sound wonderful...planning always works wonders...I do it now and then, just not enough!!
good luck w/ the house!!!
I would like to have pie. It's a rarity here. All the food sounds so delicious. Vegas is one spoiled dude.
I wish I had "food" that wasn't either ramen noodles, take-out pizza, or something that came out of a can.
Yummy!!! Even though I rarely cook, I've always wanted a place with a fabulous kitchen, as if that was all I was waiting for to become an amazing cook...riiiiiiight. But I have been cooking really healthy this week. One to try and kick this cold, two because I'm not working this week. It's amazing how much time you have when you DON'T work. :)
Oh my god, I'm so hungry and this did not help!
All I want know is chicken pot pie!!!
I like you, love baking/cooking.
Last night I made a salmon stir-fry with homemade teryaki type sauce. IT was delicious.
I'm checking out your photography blog now..I love that sort of thing.
I have the house, I have the kitchen, but, it's one of the things that I need to do, it's from 1952 when the house was built.
So in effect, my kitchen sucks, especially if you add the temper tantrum related "renos" my ex husband did (most of my cabinet doors no longer work, or just plain exist)
I try to cook like that on the weekends, but I just don't have time. So I've learned how to do quick stuff for the weekdays, and more complicated yummers on the weekend, when I have *more time* (which as you know for me is sort of an oxymoron kinda thing!)
But well done. Mmm chowder. Me likey, I'm thinking this weekend perhaps...tomorrow, yummers :)
AHhh forgot about your photoblog...must catch pictures soon! THanks for the reminder
Post a Comment