Thursday, February 5, 2009

Can't sleep... can't sleep... can't -

How do people go to sleep? I'm afraid I've lost the knack.
I might try busting myself smartly over the temple with the night-light.
I might repeat to myself, slowly and soothingly,
a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound;
if I can remember any of the damn things.
~Dorothy Parker

7 comments:

prin said...

For some reason, I find that guy hilarious.

Good luck tonight. :)

I'd say call me, because people say I have a soothing voice and I never stop talking, but I'll probably be asleep.

Piper said...

Ambien works for me! But only take half a pill, a whole one will make you crazy!

myself said...

I dunno what to tell you because I go to bed and shortly I'm out cold.

Maybe you need to stop worrying about things so much, I used to be all night because of that...?

When your brain is going 100 miles a minute, sleep stays far away...

Anonymous said...

Have you tried roofies?

Sian said...

I get chronic insomnia too and I find that a cup of warm milk with some Baileys often helps...

a bit of the other also helps too ;o)

Hccm said...

Sleep is overrated!

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Thats pretty scary...sleep tight!