Friday, February 27, 2009

La dee daaaah

And a lovely “pounding freezing rain” Friday wraps this week up!

Work is very quiet after being super busy all week so no complaints from me… trying to catch up on life and getting sidetrack by house searches again. Oh lordy. Good thing I like this kind of stuff and that we’re not in any hurry – it would be nice to find the perfect place sooner rather than later, but we’re not going to jump into just anything. We want something solid and reeeerrrr.

Lastest discoveries: Vegas doesn’t like ham, I need some new pants, non-brand name sugary cereal sucks, I have no concentration, a very small bladder and grapes go bad fast.

Should I eat this chocolate oatmeal cookie before or after my sammich?

Dilemmas!

Does anyone know how long a tin roof lasts on a house and how much it costs to replace one, vs a shingle roof? Like on these old century stone houses, many have tin roofs but I don’t know anything about them… input welcome!

Have a great Friday, everyone!

/end of Yum Yum post/

7 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Have the cookie first. It might go bad, or get stolen. I have the smallest bladder ever.
As far as I know, tin roofs last a long time....but what do I know? really.

prin said...

I think 50 years vs 20ish for shingles. I don't know how you tell if they're bad though. But they do make nice noises in the rain...

I haven't had ham in ages. And my bladder is abnormally camelly.

myself said...

My grandmother replaced the tin roof on her 1870 home about 5 years ago.

For the first time.

And it was f-in expensive, but if it lasts that long, well....

And nothing like falling asleep to the sound of rain on a tin roof.

Memories :)

Curly said...

I don't like ham either. Too salty. And it's always as pink as the pig it came from. Pass the salad, please, then the cookie.

Skryker said...

We had a tin roof on the garage (before it burned down) and I never noticed any wear and tear in 7.5 years-unlike the shingles on the house, where even the "new" part, replaced less than 10 years ago is showing its age.

And having the tin roof on the garage kept the fire contained way better than asphalt would have.

No idea on cost, though.

Roshan said...

Oatmeal cookies. I was given 4 of them by this woman a few days back. I so loved them.

Rebecca Foster said...

Always eat the cookie first! It's like priming the pump. :)

Actually, I think from an insulin point of view, it is better to eat the sugar first, the food following helps even out the blood sugar? If you eat sugar last, you are left with higher insulin and want to keep eating.

I might be talking out my ass here!