Saturday, February 28, 2009

Onions rings, crackle tops and a giant hose for a penis

How I love Saturdays... Made sure to boil the bedsheets last night as there's nothing like sleeping naked in fresh scented softness - rrrrrrr! Catching up on those elusive z's :-)

After a bunch of chores, Vegas and I slipped outside into the crisp sunny afternoon to run some errands and oooo! Of course, since I wasn't looking for any clothes, I stumbled on a rack of "reduced to $20" designer tops in a shop we just strolled into for fun... I got two sweet n'sexy Buffalo David Bitton shindings worth $200 for $40!

*gazes proudly at silky purchases*

Also finally found measuring cups and spoons as well as a kickass peeler, since I'll be doing a fair bit of cooking in our new home soon... At least that's the plan. Yeah.

Came home, kinda watched some TV and then got told "onion rings! oooo craving!" and being the wonderful wife that I am of course I had to whip up a batch. Hadn't made them in years... I think they came out pretty good, very light and crispy thanks to the beer batter.

What? It's still winter!

By the way if you wonder why my sides hurt - and I'm sure you've nothing else to wonder about at just this precise moment - we've just watched one of the funniest, stupidest, most LSD-esque Hong Kong movies ever... This gem is called "The Sixty Million Dollar Man" in case anyone has a movie fetish. See, we're both huge fans of Stephen Chow (Kung Fu Hustle, Shaolin Soccer, etc) but had never seen his older work, circa early 90's.

I think we were both taken by surprise at how absurd this fast-paced smorgasbord of insanity actually turned out to be. Holy stupid, batman!

Definitely something to watch again someday :-D

Oh and we've found another hopeful in the Great Impossible House Hunt... not going to jinx it by saying too much as we're waiting for our agent to send us a ton of info on the place, only after this will we decide if we want a visit or not. We sent her an exhaustive list of questions and let's see what comes back.

Twice burned, forever paranoid I guess.

OK amigos, time for some shut-eye and a happy rest of weekend to you!

/end of Hose For A Penis post/

8 comments:

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Your title cracked me up....sounds like you had fun. Loved Six Million Dollar Man...great find!

Rebecca Foster said...

I've been trying to get my arms around the Chinese sense of humor for months now. To no avail. I can believe how hard you were laughing, things that are totally reasonable to the Chinese are absurd to us. The nearest I can make out is, there is absolutely no sense of irony here. The more over the top, the better!

prin said...

Yey for house hunting! No burns. Burning and houses combining is bad luck.:D

I hope that made sorta sense. :D

Lola Smiles said...

Take your time on the house hunt!!! Seriously...I must have seen close to 35 of them before I made the big move.

Home now. Week away was great.

Busy Bee Suz said...

thanks, now I want onion rings and no one here to make them for me. my day is toast now.
no jinxing.

Tonya said...

Glad to hear you got some zzzz's! Sounds like a nice, sweet, calm weekend.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

We tried to watch his movie CJ7 yesterday, but we couldn't read the dang yellow subtitles. Someone would have had to sit right in front of the telly to read those tiny YELLOW words!

Katie said...

I started drooling at onion rings. It's been so long since I had some. YUM!

I hope this house turns out to be a gem.