Friday, October 26, 2007

Will this end, or what?

Why am I feeling so grey and blah all week? I know I need vast quantities of sleep to recuperate, but still - am not on PMS so why the lump in my throat, why the general flatness and intermittent nausea?

Just spoke to Vegas and I don't know if it made it worse or better, I just miss him so damn much - he's amazing for sticking around like that, seeing me through this hard crappy time without losing his courage. Am seriously starting to wonder if I'm going through mild depression or something. It's just not "me" to be like this. Smiling feels like work, I've no appetite nor feel like doing anything much except sleeping or surfing the web like a zombie, blogging about nothing and playing virtual scrabble.

Bleh, bleh, BLEH.

I'm out of here in two hours, I just can't focus on anything positive. Will push the paper that needs to be pushed, then head home to take care of the kids. Need to make a list of things to do this weekend or I'll do fuck-all and feel even worse later on.

Is it 7pm yet?

OK since humour is the best medecine... I'll end this silly post with one of my favorite jokes of all time. Enjoy.

A crowded Virgin flight was cancelled after Virgin's 767s had been withdrawn from service. A single attendant was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travellers. Suddenly an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket down on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight and it HAS to be FIRST CLASS".

The attendant replied, "I'm sorry, sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these people first, and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out." The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"

Without hesitating, the attendant smiled and grabbed her public address microphone: "May I have your attention please, may I have your attention please," she began - her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal. "We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Gate 14."

With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the Virgin attendant, gritted his teeth and said, "Fuck You!"

Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry, sir, but you'll have to get in line for that too."

3 comments:

prin said...

Oh, it's just a blah time. It took me forever to get into gear today. Bleh. Must be something in the air, I say.

Skryker said...

November is coming. November is a blah time. It's the end of the natural cycle; everything is dying and going to sleep to wait for next year. The light is becoming less and less, too.

Add all your current stress to it, and you're bound to feel grey and like you're spinning your wheels. Don't be hard on yourself, it will pass.

Technodoll said...

Novembers are like the wasps of insectdom - totally useless and annoying! Bleh. Guess it's time for artificial sun again - that, and loads of sleep. Right ON!