My dog: one small tooth scrape on his gum, thin, lethargic and dehydrated from major upset tummy with runs and rumbles.
Neighbor: 3 stitches to his knee, antibiotics, huge bandage, a limp, and return visits to the hospital to see if his knee needs more stitches. He's worried he might miss work and lose his job.
Neighbor's dog: emergency vet visit at 1am, huge vet bill, 14 stitches to his front elbow and leg, ripped ligaments and tendons - he might never again walk without a limp.
Me: an emotional and physical wreck. Adrenaline sucks.
Lesson: never, ever try to break up a dog fight unless you're very experienced and have the proper tools and techniques to attempt such a thing. What a fucking nightmare. :-(
8 comments:
Omg, you poor thing, that sounds terrible!!!
Sorry I've been such a shitty friend, not around to give you any kind of support. If it's any consolation I've been a shitty friend to everybody for the past few month... what am I saying, I've always been a bad friend but it's gone from bad to worse with this depression that just won't end. Ugh. But at least I'm feeling well enough to take an interest in other people now, and that's a huge step. Not quite yet ready to step out of the house, but... baby steps. I miss our daily interractions! I'm sorry about Facebook, I just can't be bothered to go there regularly, I'm dedicated to the blog, so do know I haven't been ignoring you. Thanks for the jokes you sent me. I miss your comments!!!
Hope everybody feels better soon on your end.
Hugs & kisses,
moi.
xx
Oh sorry to hear about the dog fight. What was that neighbour thinking trying to break up a dog fight? With his bare hands? That's like self-inflicted trouble
What a mess. Ok, so he did it wrong, but from the looks of it, his dog probably wouldn't have lasted too much longer had there been no interference.
I hope there aren't any legal issues with Dakotah after this. :(
Gotta agree with breaking it up. I sure as hell wouldn't stand there and let my dog get hurt. FYI, the best dog fight technique I've used is to each grab a tail as close to the base as possible and pull back. No teeth and most of the time the dogs are happy to get split. I've used it once and it worked like a charm!
Hope everything works out ok with Dakota!
Ladies, there is no way in HELL that I would ever stick my hands near two massive, insane males duking it out in the dark until both dogs had relaxed a bit and were still: that is the ONLY time to try any techniques. Otherwise you just get bitten and it's not worth it. The stupid guy was screaming his head off, only adding fuel to the fire, and he got his knee ripped up by being an idiot. I kept calmly telling him to wait for the moment where we could both get a good hold of the dogs, it was only spit and noise anyways for the most part: otherwise there would have been a LOT more damage than there was, believe me. Sigh. Boys!!
:( Poor dogs!
I hope everyone heals up well.
Oh no!!! my poor baby D! Give him a BIG hug and kiss from me :)
...and i hope the other dog's ok too. Poor guy.
That's crazy, I can't imagine seeing two dogs fighting like that. I don't know what I would do. Hope everyhing works out for them!
Post a Comment