Saturday, October 27, 2007

I did it! (and the pickle)

12 hours in bed. Yep, I did it! Sleep was long to come and pretty sporadic and tossy-turny (which is fucking hard when your hip muscles are screaming in pain) but this morning I feel much more like myself again, rested and quite patient with the world. So far.

The pickle? It's raining and I have to take the dogs out, they haven't had a bio break in over 16 hours and.... I can't walk. Seriously. I'm stoned on muscle relaxants and painkillers but I'm still hopping on one leg. To boot, the appartment is 3 flights of stairs up from street level - wtf am I going to do? At this point it's wince and bear it but what about later tonight? And no, there is no-one who can come help me either. It's just one of the joys of single motherhood, I guess. Sigh.

The melonhead also has a vet appointment in two hours to monitor his thyroid, he's a week overdue but I had NO time to take him this past week. I hope I make it in one piece.

OK coffee done, time to get out of these comfy jammies and face the challenges. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

prin said...

Time to move to the campagne to a house with a yard? I think soooo... :D

Did you blog about how you broke your hip? Or is it just an old lady thing we're not supposed to talk about? *whistles and avoids eye contact*

Technodoll said...

LOL if at least I had my man around I could have an excuse for pulling the groin muscle so badly that I need crutches - but I don't, so there's no story. Move along, kids, move along! LOL