Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Finally some relief

Ze big dog is responding to the mega dose of probiotics he got last night (yaay for Bio-K!), which is a huge relief... he was his happy self this morning with no signs of intestinal distress. He did go nuts for last night's dinner of boiled brown rice and lean chicken, and again this morning. So if all keeps going well after more probiotics, he'll be back on his regular raw diet by tomorrow and we'll have avoided a trip to the vet for antibiotics and such. If it can be done the natural way, that's the path we'll take.

Spoke to the neighbor's roommate yesterday evening and he said the dog is recuperating nicely so that's good, but the guy's knee has nerve damage and is not healing well. *crosses fingers there is no permanent damage* BTW these guys live in the appartment under mine, so if they get pissed at me it can get ugly - just hoping all ends well, this is a bit stressful to be honest...

Work beckons, gotta run for now - sunshine waves to y'all!

5 comments:

prin said...

Yey! That means you're moving to the campagne with me!

Yey!!!

hehe..

I hope everything works out. Let us know if he shows up in a neck brace.

Skryker said...

Glad the big bean is feeling better. (hugs)

Anonymous said...

Brown rice and chicken helps when a puppy has "the business?" I never knew....!

prin said...

White rice is easier to digest though, but it has fewer nutrients.

Technodoll said...

I heard the brown rice had more fiber so was better for absorbing the water from the irritated colon... ah well, I'm just glad it all worked out. I am a firm believer in the Bio-K capsules now, they freaking ROCK!!