Vegas and I made good on our promise to the beanies (our dogs) yesterday and took them for a hike up one of the nearby ski hills - we discovered this lovely and quasi-deserted path last year and were looking forward to going back - and yey! It was as lovely as we remembered it :-)
Gettin' ready, dogs foaming at the bit and all:
Religiously green:
The footpath that meanders along the creek is a work of art in itself:
Pause for olfactory delights:
The great thing about this walk is that the dogs never go thirsty:
Nature's path of awesomeness:
Huff! Puff! Huff!
Yey! Made it to the waterfall:
Another pause for resting, pics n'stuff:
Sweet happy Maika:
Happy Dakotah, our tired trooper:
Leaving fairyland...
...but not before admiring the stumps.
If you want to hear the creek music that accompanied us on our hike, just click on the below :-)
This looks like a slice of heaven. It reminds me of our time in North Carolina, walking trails and letting the dogs run. So much fun. Nothing better than a flowing creek. So, are you ready to go back???
wow...this is sooo nice...what a beee yoooo teee full trail and scenery! and the falls, so serene! i bet the doggies loved it! is this far from your place? how often do you go? lucky lil puppsters...looks like everyone had a good time.
Oh my it's a beautiful spot. I know that my Skye would have a ball but all I see is here taking off and never getting her back. Your dogs are awesome. Great pictures. You must do that more often.
11 comments:
This post makes me feel like I was really there. :D
Great post, A! I love the pix of the furkids. They look so incredibly happy frolicking about - especially in the water.
what beautiful scenery and how fun it looks like you had... did you do a picnic, too? i love the sound of the babbling water... so soothing..
thanks for sharing your hike, the doggies look so happy... and cute..
What a beautiful hike! Wish we had something like that nearby... That and cooler temps...
Oh I love fairy land. You are so lucky to have a secret spot like that. Looks like a fab day.
This looks like a slice of heaven.
It reminds me of our time in North Carolina, walking trails and letting the dogs run. So much fun.
Nothing better than a flowing creek.
So, are you ready to go back???
wow...this is sooo nice...what a beee yoooo teee full trail and scenery! and the falls, so serene! i bet the doggies loved it! is this far from your place? how often do you go? lucky lil puppsters...looks like everyone had a good time.
Yey! Awesome pictures. :)
I want to see that ipod picture. :D
Iphone! Phone! Sorry. Prin be old schoo'.
Awesome pics! Looks like a great place to bring the doggies :)
Oh my it's a beautiful spot. I know that my Skye would have a ball but all I see is here taking off and never getting her back. Your dogs are awesome. Great pictures. You must do that more often.
Post a Comment