Yep, we have awesome BBQ back ribs simmering in the slow cooker and two dozen yummy, fluffy banana oatmeal muffins cooling on the counter.
Smells good, tastes even better :-D
I took some pics of the youngsters a couple days ago, these three Blue Laced Red Wyandottes are almost 8 weeks old now... Growing oh so very fast!
This girly needs a name - suggestions?
and the splash one in front (suspected roo, although really tiny in size so ???)
hasn't been named until its sex is confirmed...
In other news - not sure if I told you guys about this last week? - the crop impaction surgery* Vegas and I performed on my little silkie hen Angel is a complete success!
*Click here for an explanation and photos of crop impaction - caution, pics are graphic for weak stomaches!
I think at this point pretty much everything that can happen to a chicken owner has happened here. The list is a mile long but we've dealt with everything as best we can, and are prepared for more because that's just how things go, eh?
Speaking of chooks, time to go check on the buggers... They're not happy with the rain since they can't free-range and are bored to death despite treats and mommy visits. Such is summer...
My next post will feature a few more pics from my mini-escapade by the sea,
so please do visit again!
so please do visit again!
/end of Getting A Grip post/
5 comments:
For your gal that needs a name, how about Mossey (short for Mosaic)Her feathers look like beautiful mosaic glass
Your babies are so cute.
I agree, you guys have gone through a lot of ups and downs with the critters...you are pro's now.
They're so beautiful! They're in the same colours as my Romy. I prounouce it roo-mi in French since she's rousse (roux) and that pronunciation suits her colouring. :)
Jmom, she told me her name was Lady... but I'll keep Mossey in the chicken name bank! :)
Busy Bee, the worst thing is that I know there is more to come, uggh! But it's part of the package, so what can you do?
Candice, do you have updated pics of your sweeties?
I see her as a Matilda! Dinner sounds great, hope it was wonderful.
Post a Comment