Thursday, June 3, 2010

Life, the sum of memories

Let me take you on a trip
Around the world and back
And you won't have to move
You just sit still
-Depeche Mode, "World In My Eyes"

As promised, here are a few pics of my little getaway with my mom a couple of weeks ago... Holy gosh, has it already been that long? Shocking how time flies - geeeesh! I'll post more photos later, I have so many and don't know where to begin. At the beginning, I guess...

No chronological order, just a mish-mash of happy moments - enjoy! :-)

(all pics click bigger for details...)

Low tide sand art:

My mom's first bare-footed dip of the year in icy waters:

I love the low tide, all sorts of things come up from the sea floor!

Hunting for sea glass is so much fun!
You can walk for hours, looking for treasure, lost in time...

Rocky beaches are my absolute favorite -
can you smell the fresh salty air?

We ate like health queens on mom's camping deck!

Super cold, but oh so refreshing!

My mom and the little rock I found
that looked like a piece of cake with frosting!
It was too cute, I brought it home to Vegas :)

Requisite sunsets, oooooaaaaa...
That is an island you're looking at, called
L'Isle Aux Coudres.

The tide was going down...

...revealing beautiful nooks and crannies...

Mom loves her sea glass!
I think she's amassed something like 400 pounds of the stuff so far, LOL!

She treated us to wonderful salads and amazing local smoked fish - yum!

Spa pedi by by the sea, isn't it wonderful?

That's it for now... I'll try to post some more either tomorrow or this weekend. Hope you're all well and enjoying summer, whatever mother nature is dishing out for you these days!

/end of Happy Moments post/

7 comments:

Lou Archer said...

Oooooo, that looks wonderful... I'm jealous.
Lou

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your pictures are beautiful. I closed my eyes after a few of them and imagained myself being there.
So peaceful and calming.

Posh Totty said...

beautiful Pictures :O)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Your beach views are so different from ours. I love all the rocks...and don't even get me started on the sea glass. I love it too!
You and your Mom are so cute. This looks like a wonderful trip that should possibly be scheduled yearly????

Roshan said...

The beach is a magical place. I'm glad that u had a great time.

C said...

ohhhh nikki, what beautiful pictures. it must be the atlantic ocean? if not, where? it looks like you had a wonderful bon temps!

you and your mama ARE so adorable! thank you for sharing... it's so nice to see what me bloggy friends lQQk like.

i love sea glass. i also love scavenger hunting on the beach or i guess it would be beach coming... lol.

my engagment and wedding rings are in the ocean in panama city, flo-rida. lost them back in 1979.

take care and lQQking forward to seeing more....

Janean said...

your photos always amaze me! beautiful....truly.

looks like ya'll had a wonderful time. glad you had this experience to always remember. yay!