Thanks to a friend's recommendation, I found the best family doctor ever!
Yep, I'm a happy girl... Got a complete physical today and have a battery of tests to get done, am way overdue for blood work and I specially need to monitor my blood pressure... Damn genetics, everyone on both sides is afflicted with high BP so I'm at risk, I have to keep a BP log for a month and send it to the doctor :(
But the good news is that my home scale is a liar!
A few days ago it said I was 130 lbs (we were weighing Dante, otherwise I never get on that piece of crap) and I wasn't shocked, I mean I'm pretty well padded in all the wrong places thanks to copious amounts of junk food.
Doctor's scale today: 121 :-o
She said I am not to lose any more weight, I am borderline too thin.
ROTFLMAO!! I love her!
I'm always eating but I know it's not really nutrition, I need to make an effort to get more fruits & veggies and lean stuff down the hatch, oh to dine on salads if only they made themselves...
I be lazy.
*picks lint off sock*
We finally watched Changeling last night and had I known it would be that good, I would have insisted we watch it ages ago since it has been collecting dust on our shelf for three months...
First, I had no idea it was a Clint Eastwood film. Love Clint.
Second, I had no idea the subject matter would be that gut-wrenching. Love gut.
Highly recommend it for those who are into that sort of movie.
/end of First Toe Polish Of The Summer Yey Me! post/
12 comments:
oh feck off skinny thing, like I didn't know you were borderline too skinny....JAAAYYYZUSMARYNJOSEPH!!!!! (you say that with a Newf accent pls to get the right infelction).
Ok too many Hobnobs, sugar high shuttin the hell up.....
I want your Dr's scale. NOW!!!
Happy for you...and I DO eat tons of salad everyfreakingday.
**damn fattening lettuce**
Watch that BP girl...that is not good. ;0 Can't have TD not feeling well.
SUZ
Do be careful of the BP, TD. I, too, must be aware of that (among many other things due genetics). My father still logs his BP everyday, twice a day, in fact.
Woohoo for Doc's scale! Salads are deleeshious and not too much of a pain in the arse to prepare. Stop picking lint off your sock, woman.
Happy Tuesday!
Myself, I wouldn't have this problem if I had access to hobnobs. *cries*
Busy Bee, I love salads but just can't be arsed to make them... I know, it's lazy!
Kathryn, I may have to stop eating chips and bacon and anything salty - how will I live?!
You know what I find funny about women?
Skinny women think they are fat.
Fat women think they aren't.
What's with that?
Not into that movie, but congrats on the weight loss! 121 is awesome!!!
Hate salads though. ew.
first off, thank you for the lovely post you left on my last post, you are always so kind, nice, and sweet to me and i do appreciate it. :)
i havent heard of that movie, whats it about?
if you collect all the lint off your socks and other clothes... i hear you can build things out of it!
bwahahahaha ;)
i too have HTN [hypertension] [high BP] i take meds for it. salt raises it, but i love me some chips and dips.... what can i say.
i am craving fried oysters at the moment. cant eat 'em raw, yuk, but love 'em fried and dipped in tartar sauce.
hows the dante? is he beter now?
i lerve salad buti have to be in the mood and the best ones to me are when someone else makes it. i can make my own just the way i like it but then i dont enjoy it so much.
c
ummm . . . freshly baked bread! You could make bagel chips. As for no bacon - I am very sad for you if you have to stop eating it completely. *sigh*
Mike, it's nature's way of ensuring we never run out of self-doubt, I guess.
Katana, I like the greens but don't find it very inspiring to prepare :-/
C, apparently if you stop eating salt after a while salty things taste gross - dunno about that but I should try, I hate taking meds... GAAAH! Plus you make me hungry, you naughty girl :-D
Kathryn, let's hope I can manage the BP in another way besides deprivation :-o
Yuk, I hate docs but so happy you found a good one!!!
Oh, and I saw the Changeling too on cable. So very sad....cant believe its based on a true story.
Yeah, I think that was the worst part :-o
Post a Comment