Wednesday, August 26, 2009

This is how it goes

It goes slower and costs more than whatever you had planned.

And that's the reality, folks.

I was hoping to open my business next week but it's been pushed to at least mid-September and I have no idea how we're going to manage until then or if I'll even get any clients for the first few weeks. Crikey. Hard to make progress when the contractor leaves at noon on Friday, comes back for a short day on Monday, can't be there at all Tuesday... Sigh.

I just see days being wasted away, hours passing by with zero progress and it's as scary as hell.

Wish I had the brawn and the knowledge to finish up the renovations but no, all I can do is hope, nag, push, cajole, panic and nag some more.

I wasn't prepared for all this debt and financial stress :-(

*runs in circles, arms flailing in the air*


Being the house CFO sucks ass.

I may have to resign.

Permanently.

Woo!

This is fun.

Dreaming of freedom.

So Vegas are you up for the job?

Fine, just having fun with stylistics here.

*grin*

Wishing you all a happy hump day, don't work too hard and for those still on vacation (or staycation, like me) well enjoy the spoils cuz summer's almost officially over by "going back to school" standards and I wish I were sad but I'm OK with it all. Despite the crappy weather this year I've enjoyed more green time than ever before :-)

/end of That Is All post/

10 comments:

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

And what fun would our lives be with nothing to worry or concern ourselves with. Our brain would be a big boring mush and we'd have nothing to blog about. We would actually be in others peoples business way to much. So sorry the finances are bogging you down, but remember, anything worth having is worth fighting for. (Keep up the good fight and get 'er done!) :)

Kathryn said...

Weeellll, at least you are the CFO of something. And what could be better than being the CFO of your own business. It'll all work out in good time. Don't stress too much.

myself said...

debt & financial stress
welcome to my world

Busy Bee Suz said...

I hate that your life is on hold...it is hard when you have to rely on others to get things going. Being 'out of control' is a toughie.
If only your blogging paid cash. :)

Technodoll said...

Daring, I gots the fight! In too deep now, there's no turning back - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Kathryn, right now it's Chief of Freaking Overdrafted bank accounts, not used to this! Sigh. It'll be better in a few months, it has to be.

Myself, it's a nice world though, despite the hiccups...

Busy Bee, yeah if only! Ah well I guess I'm meant for other things...

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

There you go! Sing that fight song! You will come out on top I just know it and you have all of our support!

Kathryn said...

I hear you, TD. It will be better once your business is up and running. Who would be able to resist bringing their pups to your vast amounts of land??!

Technodoll said...

Daring, my will is strong but I just need patience! Right now it's 9:30am and still no contractor... ARGH!

Kathryn, I have no doubt the biz will work (at some point), counting down the days until the grand opening is HARD!

Tonya said...

That's got to be frustrating to have to wait for all that to be done to get started on your business. I hope it all comes together son!

Technodoll said...

Yeah, you and me and the bank account!