Sunday, August 16, 2009

If you can't beat 'em...

...pay someone else to?

LOL kidding.

Still super hot but a bit overcast and there's a breeze so it's a good day - finally got myself outfitted with proper swim shorts and a bikini top this morning so working on my tan and not sweating like a trucker feels good for once.

Woo!

Today's menu included sleeping late, a lazy terrace brunch (mmm omelet was so good!), shopping and now lawn mowing, car washing and hoovering cuz yesterday was a write-off. Well OK we did assemble the /$%"!$ BBQ that had been sitting in its giant box the past two months... and yes we got a propane tank this morning but didn't get it filled. Ha!

Rome wasn't built in a day... and neither is this place, eh.

Am making a veggie pasta salad for dinner and then we'll call it a day.

Yey summer!

/end of Getting The Hang Of It post/

9 comments:

myself said...

i.hate.summer

the.end

prin said...

I'm laughing on the inside at the whole "paying for eggs" thing. heehee

Bah, I don't mind it. It's hot. We live in Quebec. If you don't like the extreme heat/extreme cold, move to Vancouver. :D

Technodoll said...

Myself, ya gotta throw yourself at it, it's the only way to survive :-/

Prin, I think my hens are too bleddy hot to lay eggs, they'd come out poached!

Katie said...

I love the title/continuation. Amen sister, amen!

Summer is my most hated season. The one out here hasn't been as brutal as usual. Which is nice. I'm not complaining at all. It's actually rained, and hasn't been over a hundred more than a handful of times.

That being said, I'd be happy if the temperature always stayed between 50-75.

Kathryn said...

We are looking forward to fall. I think we've both had enough with the heat and humidity.

Very true Rome wasn't built in a day, but don'tcha just sometimes wish it could be done?!

OOh yummers - veggie pasta salad. We did a light pasta dish (ok, buttery light) - shrimp scampi.

Happy Monday!

Tonya said...

i remember east coast heat. and the bugs. sounds like a great day though! hopefully it cools down soon.

Rebecca Foster said...

I wish I could wear swim shorts and a bikini top every day of my life. My favorite casual outfit!

Your brunch on the terrace sounds divine...what an awesome life you have!

Hope things cool down soon!

Technodoll said...

Katie, I may move to where you live, this place is horrible! LOL

Kathryn, once again you make me drool... and dream of autumn. Sigh.

Surfergrrl, is that why you moved out west?!

Rebecca, I bought 4 more bikini tops yesterday - kinda like potato chips, you can't have just one... LOL

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

proper swim shorts and bikini top huh? great for sunning outdoors (dont forget the sunblock) and indoors too!

Summer will soon turn to Fall...just imagine cool walks among the leaves...