Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ode to madness

Many people say that government is necessary
because some men cannot be trusted to look after themselves,
but anarchists say that government is harmful
because no men can be trusted to look after anyone else.

~Nicolas Walter, About Anarchism

5 comments:

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

I have to admit, I trust very few people and groups. I know everyone has a price and their clarity can be swayed by influence or personal desire for something or someone. However, for the first time in my entire life, I trust our government more now than I ever have...just feels like someone may just be looking out for someone like me for the first time in my life...at least I will be on the radar of consideration now...

Busy Bee Suz said...

TRUE!

Kathryn said...

It's sad how I generally believe that in today's society many people have a price and look out solely for their interests. I have absolutely no faith in our government or the people who are in power. I strongly feel as though the hand of government is involved in far too many issues that should not be in their hands, especially the federal government. Ah well . . .

Vegas said...

I think both statements are true.

Sian said...

"There are lies, damned lies and politicians"

I can't remember who said that but it is one of my favourites