Am happy there's more than enough to keep us busy inside until this passes.
Vegas is en route to the airport with the little one, I shall miss her. We really had a good time the past ten days: camping, horseback riding, playing Scattergories, just hanging out. I'm already looking forward to her visit next year.
What can I say? She's an awesome kid.
They're rare!
I made a slow-oven-cooked marinated blade roast & trimmings for dinner, it turned out lovely I must admit. Almost compensated for the pulled back muscle I inflicted upon myself this morning while carrying the
Motherflipper!
Speaking of mothers, I miss mine... Had a quick chat with her today, she sounded so tired -she works too hard, she's always worked too hard and can only retire in 3 or so years - she's counting down the days so that's how I know!
If I won the lottery she's one of the first people I would spoil rotten.
She would have had a very different life if she hadn't gotten preggers with me at 17. What can I say? I feel guilty in a way.
Life is crazy right now, but I promise that as soon as it stabilizes I will make an effort to go see her more often. I don't think she knows how much I love her and am proud of her.
I couldn't have wished for a better mom than her, she doesn't exist :)
Ugghh, time to head down to the basement to finish laundry and do some putty work on the new window trims. Wish me patience...
/end of Snoring Puppy At My Feet post/
11 comments:
awww...your mom sounds wonderful. Send her a card. She will love it. :0
Little one is heading home???? for a year??? I could not wait that long, poor Vegas.
what beautiful words about your mother, hope she knows how much you love her!
Write her a letter. :) Everybody likes getting mail. :)
And YEY for liking the kid more. That made my day today. :)
Busy Bee, Vegas will visit her over the pond in six months, it works out well for everyone :-) And I love the card idea, thanks!
Piper, yeah I hope so... I should tell her more often.
Prin, yey mail! I know just the place to find a card, too...
Its great to hear that you all had a such a great time. These are the memories that she will remember when she is in her 30s...you are such a great person for her to have in her life..:)
So glad to hear that you had a good visit with the little one. That's too bad that you have to wait a whole other year. What's up with that?
Sweet words about your mum. There are days . . . I agree, write her a letter. I mean, who writes actual letters these days?
By the way . . . I have posted the sauce recipe with your bread recipe. :o)
Happy Monday!!
OH! Came across the most wonderful salad dressing. Made it this weekend, the other half LOVED it. I used freshly squeezed juices where I could.
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons mustard
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoons orange juice
salt
pepper
6 tablespoons olive oil
Combine all the ingredients together, except for salt, pepper and olive oil. Mix the ingredients, add salt and pepper to taste. Then whisk in the olive oil slow and steady.
DELICIOUS. I tossed with arugula and endive. Topped the salad with shrimp.
For the shrimp I marinated it in salt, pepper and old bay seasoning. Then over medium heat warmed 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sauteed 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced. Tossed in the shrimp w/half a cup of white wine, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Cooked until liquid reduced by about half.
I figured since you said it's time for you to shape up with your eating habits, I'd send this your way. :)
Daring, I don't have any choice since she's my husband's daughter but I might as well make the best of it, eh? LOL
Kathryn, the only thing missing is warm fresh bread and YOU in my kitchen whipping up this delight! Yeaaaahh! *drools uncontrollably all over keyboard*
TD - all it would take is for you to tell me there are tickets waiting for me and my other half @ the airport. I'll more than gladly be personal chef. :o)
For your mom getting preggers at 17: That's just you - you come crashing into people's lives and make them better.
Kathryn, as soon as I can afford you... LOL!
Curly, I love you!
Post a Comment