That's what we all are here today: french and frying in this ridiculous heat & humidity. So far, the days this summer can be boiled down to this:
-about to rain: muggy and full of ravenous bugs
-raining, thunder-storming, drizzling
-after rain: everything soggy, boggy and full of super-ravenous bugs
-super hot burning sun & humidity combo, making the ravenous bugs super ravenous
...and about two days of nice normal sun, humidity with slight breeze.
How the fuck are we supposed to enjoy being outside? You need an air-conditioned, waterproof, bug-proof spacesuit the minute you step out the door! ARGH!
And as much as I love this house and its heat-retaining abilities thanks to the concrete walls, well that's no good in summer is it now.
*sweat trickles uncomfortably between breasts*
Last night I nearly brained myself on a beam in the basement. I was putting boxes under the little storage crawl-space beneath the stairs and stood up without thinking of the ceiling height...
I heard the crack and then felt the searing pain as I sat there on the floor, dazed, a chip of molar on my tongue.
Must. Not. Pass. Out.
Must. Not. Pass. Out.
See, these things only happen to me at the most inappropriate of times (not that there is any appropriate time to crack your skull on a wood beam...) - Vegas is gone on a business trip until late tonight so I'm on my own.
Nursing a wicked prune and a migraine.
Then.
This morning I was painting the underside of a big piece of plywood that covers one of the chicken coop windows, the wood is on hinges and held up (open) with a bit of wire... somehow that HAD to slip and whack the freshly-painted slab of wood on my head - yep same spot as last night, only this time my hair is full of white paint.
Go on, laugh -it is funny in a Mr. Bean kinda way!
But god, I need to refill that bottle of extra-strength Advil.
So far today I've eaten a peanut-butter toast with a tiny glass of orange juice and a latte, then some lemonade with chips (Munchos! yum!), a cucumber, a peach and a pack of Oh! Caramel! snack cakes. The dogs are eating better than I am.
Will make an effort to have a salad for dinner, I got lots of greens at the market this morning so am inspired to do some good.
Vegas come home! I miss you!
/end of Nothing To Say And Saying It! post/
8 comments:
lol @ ravenous bugs. Indeed.
And, um, now I'm worried since you mentioned cement as a heat saving thing. See, when I was in Ireland, I lived in an experimental housing complex that had thick cement walls. It was 8C and my hydro bills for my one room were 200 quid a month. And then! I moved in with my dad at Habitat, which is all cement, and that place was always cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Cement is not as good as they say... It retains a temperature, yes, but it never seems to be the right one. :D
Oh my gosh! The pain could not have been good. Funny in a Mr. Bean way?? That made me laugh. I absolutely love Mr. Bean. I understand what youmran about concrete. We have concrete ceilings. And they retain enough heat without the curtains pulled closed. Eek.
Sounds like you're being incredibly productive, though. That is great.
Starting to feel more settled. And that's a good thing.
And seriously. Eat some real food! Please.
Happy Thursday.
Prin, it's my fault for not keeping the windows and doors shut, blinds down as of first thing in the morning... If I do that the house remains cool... but 3 dogs in the house with closed windows? no freaking way! LOL! (i saw the heating bills for 12 consecutive months and it's ridiculously low, this cement & styrofoam block thingie is well built). 30C + humidity will take its toll on anything... 5 more days of this bullcrap :(
Kathryn, I think the next five days will just about kill us, the weather will be worse than it was today. Figures. Cold and rain for May, June, July and half of August and now blasting stinking heat for the rest of the month. We can't win! LOL
Girl! Be careful. Especially with Vegas gone..you are out there in a new place...stay healthy...then fall apart when Vegas returns so he can take care of you :)
(I know that story on the bugs...not so good part about summertime in the country..)
Hang in there!
Glad you didn't give yourself a concussion! *Hoping you didn't*
We are having similar weather here. It's sooo hard for me to put on clothes. I just want to wear only underwear all day long.
I want to give you the recipe for Chinese lemonade: water, a few lemon slices, a few rocks of sugar, some dried currants, and hot water. If you let it cool, it's quite refreshing!
The weather here has been just as atrocious. This week with the heat and humidity our heat index reached 100 to 105. UGH!
So . . . about that salad you were supposed to have for dinner . . .
Daring, these bugs will get my sanity yet! LOL Vegas is home now, all is ok, he needs taking care of not me :-D
Lady B, today I did just that... and nothing else, it was actually a good day!
Rebecca, that lemonade sounds absolutely delicious. I will make some, thank you! (dried currants, can I use dried cranberries instead?) ps: even being naked it's too hot :-o
Kathryn, I think we're all getting hit by this summer, one way or another... you have AC, don't you? *crosses fingers*
Yes. We have AC. Thank goodness! And, not to sound ungrateful, but even that gets annoying. Too cold . . . too dry . . . you know. One could say I'm a little finicky about my comfort zone. It's kinda small. This tends to be a bone of contention btw me and the other half. Ah well. There could be worse problems to have, right?
Post a Comment