Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Yecchh!

Finally found out why Dakotah, our big boy, has been sticky and stinking like a ripe garbage truck the past three days...

He caught a massive case of the dreaded hot spots! Oozing bloody sores all over his body from nose to tail, the poor bastard.

He's on meds for the next couple of weeks, he's been blow-dried, powdered and we have to keep him dry until he heals - no mean feat in this stinking jungle weather where everything wilts from extreme humidity in 10 seconds flat.

UUUGGHH!

At least the other two dogs are fine, that's a relief.

Hey Frank, I hope you're reading this cuz look what I found for you: 13 things made of bacon that shouldn't be - he he! Sorry no refunds.

So.

We officially became house-poor today.

F'cking hell.

Maybe I could go sell hand-jobs behind the mall to make ends meet until the renovations are done and I can start boarding dogs... if anyone wants to board with us in the first place.

Gaaah I hate it when doubt sets in - this will work, I know it will work, it has to work!

*wrings hands*

My goodness these sour jellybeans are awesome - juicy and saliva-inducing shots of chewy sugar, what's not to love? Change of subjects are also good, very good.

What do people eat in this godforsaken weather? We did the cold pasta salad thing, the boiled eggs thing, and are now living off toast and cereal with the occasional fruit or bag of chips thrown in. I forget what a vitamin looks like! :-o

Anyhoo. I got nothing in the creative tank and I'm sure you're feeling it, so let's just call it a night and start again tomorrow, yes? Yes! Love from the couch!

/end of I Hate Hot Spots post/

15 comments:

Vegas said...

we may be house-poor, but we are rich in pustules

myself said...

oh vegas.

ew.

welcome to the land of the house-poor. now you comprehend what it's like being me. alone, a house on the island in need of repair.

i don't wish my stress on anyone..... sucks eh?

prin said...

If by "work" you mean "accumulate wealth" then, no, it'll fail miserably. But if you mean "work" as in "learn how to live and love it till you can't say 'I love it' without swearing 'cause you 'fuckin' love it!'" then yeah, it will. You just have to get the right direction to your success. :D

And hey, I may be house po' but I'm free. Nobody's beating on me or putting me down or throwing me into walls... Fuck yeah, po' is awesome. ;)

Good luck with the staphies. YEY! :D

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

I NEVER knew that could happen to dogs! I learned something but I hope Dakota gets better soon!

Oh, and I know what it means to be house-poor...hang in there!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Poor baby!!! I hope he feels better soon and not so stinky.
Ozzie goes in for his eye surgery in the morning, today his poor eye is looking like a meatball. Gross.
Hand jobs don't pay much. You have to do it orally now'adays. Sorry.

Kathryn said...

Eh, house poor. It happens. Welcome to home ownership. No joke. If it's not one thing it's a total other.

Speaking of total other I've just had another surprise expense creep up on me. I hate this thing called reality.

Poor lil furman. Hope he is feeling better and not so stinky.

Happy Hump Day.

Katana said...

Poor dog. Poor you! I remember what it was like to be house poor :-( But there's nothing quite like owning your own house though, right?

jgoldfin said...

IT.
WILL.
WORK!

House poor lasts a short while, then it magically just becomes "normal."

stay positive!!

PS Stay away from your part-time job ideas, you said you'd never do that again afer quitting working in an office!

Vegas said...

do i still get it for free?

Technodoll said...

Vegas, quit talking about your feet.

Myself, I cannot imagine being alone with a house to maintain - not to mention a zoo! How do you do it!

Prin, the second one ;-)

Daring, yep first experience with that crap for us - hopefully the last, too.

Busy Bee, what is wrong with Ozzie's eye? Hope it's nothing serious...

Kathryn, hopefully nothing too serious - wha'happen?

Katana, I still wouldn't trade it for anthing... who needs vacations and shoes anyways? LOL

Jen, thank you for the vibes - feeling better already :)

Lady B, just gross skin sores dogs get - not cats AFAIK, so you're ok!

Vegas, no you get half-price.

Kathryn said...

TD - meh, fender bender the other day. None too pleased about it given it was not my fault, but apparently state trooper thinks otherwise with respect to fault. Ugh. But the good news is at least the expense is less than I anticipated! Now, though, my back is a little more achy than before.

Can't win.

Frank said...

I DID just read that...I will make that site my home page and demand that any girl I date wear a bacon dress.

Technodoll said...

Kathryn, that's terrible! how can it be your fault if it wasn't? *shakes head*

Frank, make sure it's not a fried bacon dress.

Kathryn said...

TD: State trooper decided we were both at fault because other driver decided to basically say exactly what I said and well, lie a little as well.

Rebecca Foster said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for your doggy. Hugs to him that he gets all better soon.

YES people will board with you and love your services. This is the calm before the awesome business storm.

Keeping my fingers crossed you get to open sooner rather than later and that all the renovations go very well!