Three hours of raking and hauling dead leaves, bits of broken branches and various winter crap off the lawn and flower beds. OK there's still like 80% of the lawn to do but you gotta start somewhere, right?
Right.
Sure feels good to see some green coming in though :-D
The weather forecast says snow for next week but I'm ignoring the bastids. The tulips are poking their green heads from the earth and that's whom I trust.
More raking tomorrow as it's going to rain this weekend (of course), then it's on to spreading ripe horse poop on the flower beds - gotta go natural with the fertilizer, eh? Specially the kind you have in a giant mountain on your land! I've also seeded all the bare lawn patches and the dog park, which is off-limits for the next two weeks or so. When you pick up 20 lbs of dog poop in one afternoon, you kinda want the place to stay clean for a while!
My gosh I love this warm sunshine - I think my summer freckles are already starting to come in, this is insane! Must use the SPF face moisturizer from now on...
And that's about it. Got my dentist appointment booked, we're still looking for a good accountant to handle our taxes, and the stink from the bathroom seems to have abated a lot since we filled both the sink and the bathtub with water - it's beyond weird.
And now...
...am impatiently waiting for my friend to deliver my two ragdoll silkies, hurry UP will you! So darn excited! Their condo is ready, I'm ready... Tick tock.
Gratuitous chick photo: Phoebe, 4 weeks old:
If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
4 comments:
Raking KILLS the back! Hope you are not too stiff tomorrow. I agree the sunshine is like some kind of crazy medicine. Always makes me feel better!
Still on vacay, but wanted to pop by and say Hello!
Have a great week:)
Sunshine and freckles!!! awesome.
Tulips? SWEET. I would be cutting them as fast as they come up for my vases!!!!
I hope your back is not in too much pain....good work is always a bit of a pain!
Sounds like you got a good work out today. That is weird about the water and the smell. Cute picture.
That's one of the advantages of living in a tiny house on a tiny postage stamp of property...raking and snow shoveling takes 5 minutes :)
Post a Comment